Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: children of Malawi

Real Name
    Neil McAllister

children of Malawi

Going back over some of my photos from 2011 from my time in Malawi and trying black and white conversions using Nik Silver Efex Pro which I didn't have at the time.Neil

children of Malawi

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: children of Malawi

Wonderful stuff, Neil.

Only suggestion I'd make is a slight crop at the bottom to get rid of the logo/text on the boy's shirt/top. It catches your eye and draws attention away from the faces.

Real Name
    Richard

I agree with Donald about the text. However, I wonder if cloning out the text might not serve the purpose while keeping the rather nice composition of the image as it is...

As far as attracting attention, human faces (especially the eyes) catch my attention most readily, followed by animal faces (again especially the eyes) and finally text...

There are of course other facets of attention grabbing within an image: bright images, colorful images, sharp subjects in an otherwise less that sharp image, etc., etc...

Real Name
    Neil McAllister

Thanks for your comments Donald and Richard, I was that excited when I did the conversion to B&W that I tended to rush the rest of the editing.Its a photo that I hadn't even edited in colour initially,it had just lain in my external hard drive which leads me to think that it might be worthwhile going through the rest of them which may take some time!