Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Laboratory photo

Laboratory photo

First photo post so I hope it works. If it doesn't... I blame my dogs. Everything is their fault.
    Laboratory photo

C&C welcome. This was taken with a Nikon D90 VR 18-105 F3.5-5.6 at 18 mm, 1 sec, F22. Minimal PP... just a little unsharp mask and slight levels adjust. The lab is quite cluttered (it is a very busy, working lab), which I find kind of distracting.

Britt

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Laboratory photo

Britt

Hello there and welcome on board CIC.

I like it. The words that came into mind when I opened your post were 'clean', 'clear', 'crisp'. You've also got yourself down to a good viewpoint and not just stood up to take the shot - puts the emphasis in the right place.

Pity that trolley (is it a trolley?) at the bottom left encroaches.

Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks for the comments. I completely agree about the cart in the corner, but unfortunately it is a very busy lab. I was pretty happy to get a shot without 15 people in it (thank you lunch hour).

Britt

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Britt,

Flushed with reasonable success tweaking perspective on a library shot here yesterday, I did wonder what this would look like with the verticals straightened and non-converging, however, I think it would lose too much and spoil the shot, given the nice angle.

Looks like you were at the limit of angle of view, I'd have liked a little more on the left edge, so the cieling tiles converge to a point in shot.
    However, the nearest bench and machines on the right hand side are just perfectly framed as they are. Perhaps a two shot panorama is called for?

Good WB, etc., a very competent shot, well done.

Thanks for the input, Dave. I like the idea of the mini panorama; however, there is a row of cabinets just outside the field of view the would block the ceiling tiles. I may try to move around slightly to avoid that issue, but this will likely be difficult as I was already jammed into the corner of the room (with a fire extinguisher hanging precariously above me).

Britt