Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Group of Ducks

Real Name
    Bruce

Group of Ducks

A few years ago being new to digital photography I started taking pics of ducks at a lake near my home. My local lab got so saturated with my pics of ducks that they threatened to boycott my prints.
    Other than the zoo, this is my first, and only foray into the "Wild Kingdom".
    I like the light on this pic. It was near sunset. I do not like the idea that I did not give the subjects more room on the right hand side to "swim" into-they were right on the shoreline.
    C&C most welcomed, and appreciated. Bruce

Group of Ducks

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Group of Ducks

I know that this pic is not very good- I had been out of photography awhile when this pic was taken; however I would like a comment even if its very critical.

Bruce
    Last edited by Digital; 5th July 2013 at 04:07 PM.

Real Name
    Splashy

I like the picture very much, it has beautiful colors, the right side should have been a bit less cropped.

Real Name
    Nancy (surprised you!)

Hi Bruce,
    Here in the USA, with a holiday weekend, you may not see much response. It's like that sometimes.
    I am no expert but the image is soft. I am really pushing shutter speed to get crisp photos that show feather details or drop of water off beak.
    1 has it's head hidden, so maybe getting them all in a row or heads together or something.
    Colors look good.
    Welcome, you will learn a lot here.
    Nancy

Real Name
    Bruce

Splashy - thanks for the kind comments, and suggestions. as stated above it would have been better to allow my subjects something to swim into. Unfortunately they were right on the bank, and I did not want to much of the bank to show.

Nancy - the bank I was standing on was not conducive to a tripod so I hand held it, and it being near sunset I was probably shooting at a shutter speed that was near the minimum to be hand held relative to the focal length of the lens. Should have used a monopod.
    Thank you so much for your kind comments (to both of you). I really did not think I was going to get one.

Bruce