Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: NIK Software - use of control points

Real Name
    Richard

NIK Software - use of control points

I love the NIK software but, I am having some problems using the control points which is one of the greatest advantages of the NIK software concept.

When I am in one of the Photoshop CS6 plugins like Viveza and I select ADD CONTROL POINT, I get the control point menu but my cursor is not an arow. It is a circle with a minus sign - within.

I cannot use the cursor to extend the circle indicating where the selection is to take place, nor can I use the cursor to adjust any of the values of the Control Point Menu.

What am I doing wrong?

Real Name
    Dave

Re: NIK Software - use of control points

Richard, I am no expert, but you position the little circle where you want the control point, and click. You then get a series of sliders alongside the control point (actual sliders depend on which plug in you are using). I think the top slider is always the one that controls the size of the circle of influence.

Real Name
    Ian

Richard,

It is a long time since I used this bit of kit, but IIRC the minus or plus slider are controlled by a series of six icons at the top right of the image.

In the control point list on the right hand side, put a tick (check) against the control point you want to enlarge or reduce and it will tell you the size of the circle as a percentage as you alter the top slider (it may be the lowest slider dependent upon where the control point is on the image. Then continue as normal.

All a bit different to when I used to use NX2 regularly, but nevertheless very effective.

HTH

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    When I am in one of the Photoshop CS6 plugins like Viveza and I select ADD CONTROL POINT, I get the control point menu but my cursor is not an arow. It is a circle with a minus sign - within.
    Richard

What happens when you hover that circle on the point where you wish to place the control point and then click the mouse?

Real Name
    Richard

I found out that it is the series of icons at the top right of the NIK pallette that was the culprit. I simply had the selector on the minus icon rather than the arow icon. Thanks for the help...