Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Rock House...Hocking Hills

Real Name
    Jon

Rock House...Hocking Hills

Rock House is by far my favorite trail, it also turned out to be the most challenging to capture. When we arrived at the trail head I was happy to see NO other vehicles in the parking lot. Could it be that we are the only people here?? YES! Well, by the time we actually got into the Rock House I had about 25 minutes before more people started to show up, scare the birds and stand right in front of me

C&C welcomed.

1.Rock House...Hocking Hills

2.Rock House...Hocking Hills

3.Rock House...Hocking Hills

4.Rock House...Hocking Hills

5.Rock House...Hocking Hills

6.Rock House...Hocking Hills

7.Rock House...Hocking Hills

8.Rock House...Hocking Hills

9. Rock House...Hocking Hills

10. Rock House...Hocking Hills
    Last edited by Plumcrak; 30th June 2013 at 01:49 PM.

Real Name
    Debbie

Re: Rock House...Hocking Hills

I see you went some place really cool and all you had to work with was harsh mid day sun. Compositionally I like the photos, but this series highlights how photography really is all about the light. Its a difficult lighting situation to manage.
    I really like the moss covered bridge. I think that scene would be a good candidate for an HDR image.

Real Name
    Susan

Hi Jon - looks like we were in similar places that weekend. You were at Hocking Hills in OH and we were at Coopers Rock in WV. We are campers too... That sun was the same for both of us and I think we have similar photos. I have always complained that my camera has never actually seen the sun because of where we live and somehow it's always cloudy and rainy when we travel... Now I'm wondering if we've been lucky.

I'm thinking of getting a polarizer filter to cut down on the highlights when the sun is actually shining - do you have one?

I really do like your images - especially #1 - the fungus? Also a previous image you posted of the turtle - wonderful!

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by pasusan View Post
    Hi Jon - looks like we were in similar places that weekend. You were at Hocking Hills in OH and we were at Coopers Rock in WV. We are campers too... That sun was the same for both of us and I think we have similar photos. I have always complained that my camera has never actually seen the sun because of where we live and somehow it's always cloudy and rainy when we travel... Now I'm wondering if we've been lucky.

I'm thinking of getting a polarizer filter to cut down on the highlights when the sun is actually shining - do you have one?

I really do like your images - especially #1 - the fungus? Also a previous image you posted of the turtle - wonderful!
    Susan, thanks for the comments. Yes, the sun was a bit harsh that weekend. I did not have a polarizer filter at the time...but I do now

Real Name
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by djg05478 View Post
    I see you went some place really cool and all you had to work with was harsh mid day sun. Compositionally I like the photos, but this series highlights how photography really is all about the light. Its a difficult lighting situation to manage.
    I really like the moss covered bridge. I think that scene would be a good candidate for an HDR image.
    Debbie, thanks for the comments. I am not really happy with most of the photos, due to the harsh sunlight...but I did what I could. Next time I will be better prepared