Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Help Choose an Ebook Cover for this Website

Re: Help Choose an Ebook Cover for this Website

First or second one seems best to convey the fairly technical information I expect to find inside. Leaning toward the second, though that seems to imply more about lenses than the principles of photography.

I come to this site when I want to find out more about the details of some aspect of digital photography. I'd suggest an exploded view of a generic digital camera that shows the sensor as well as the lens, and perhaps a printer and print in the background.

I like the first and second ones.

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Thanks again everyone for all the feedback! This has been extremely tough, but I will likely use the cover with the purple landscape for volume #1 and the cover with the lens for volume #3 (since the third is more technical and the first is more introductory and applied). However, to complicate matters, each of these has several different versions as well. If you get a chance, let me know which version of each you like best and why.

Help Choose an Ebook Cover for this Website

Real Name
    Wayland ( aka. Gary Waidson )

If the books are based on the site tutorials then their USP is the high standard of technical information that is lacking in so many other publications.

The only image that evokes that to me is the lens one.

Someone said it looks too technical for beginners but there are thousands of books available for them, it is the intermediate to advanced market that needs more material.

This one is better for the beginners market and works in sync with the lens cover by keeping the layout simple.
    Last edited by Wayland; 2nd July 2013 at 03:22 PM.

I personally prefer the third version of the purple landscape, it is not so broken up but still say all that has to be said.

Real Name
    Philip

Quote Originally Posted by McQ View Post
    Thanks again everyone for all the feedback! This has been extremely tough, but I will likely use the cover with the purple landscape for volume #1 and the cover with the lens for volume #3 (since the third is more technical and the first is more introductory and applied). However, to complicate matters, each of these has several different versions as well. If you get a chance, let me know which version of each you like best and why.
    The third one of the landscape is by far the best of those three, as the image elegantly fills the cover page.

Similarly, the first one of the lens is the better of the two; the second rainbow version should be reserved for the Toys-R-Us edition.

Philip

Real Name
    Christina

The 3rd of the 1st version for the beautiful photo, simplicity and strong appeal to all photographers.

The 1st of the 2nd version for the stunning photo, simplicity and concept of technical photography.

All of the covers are great looking. I'm new to your website (haven't posted anything yet). One thing that struck me when I first looked at Cambridge "Colour" was the colors in your name. I really like number 7, except with a possible changing of "Photography" like you did in "Colour" and less colored pixels in height across the lower portion. If nothing was changed? I would still pick #7, it seems to me to capture your theme.

Real Name
    Orlando

1) The 3rd one of the purple landscape.
    2) the first one for the one with the lens.

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Great - thanks for all the additional feedback. Surprisingly, it seems like everyone is in agreement on which version to choose for each of the two final designs. Really looking forward to being able to release this on the ebook itself...

1. I like the concept of the 3 basic (core) light elements R,G,B go (captured) thru the lens (2nd design). 2. And the core colours (Green, Cyan, Blue, Magenta, Red, Yellow) captured by the eye (5th design).

Real Name
    Dave

It seems like the "Wisdom of Crowds" wins again. All the best with the books.

Several examples also pasted below:

Note: above designs are all currently still property of the corresponding designer and cannot be used without their prior agreement.
    Those 3 are my favourite from the lot. The eye one as has been said before, reminds me of something I can't quite place, and I think it would look better with darker background colours. From the last one I like better the black lettering than the other.

Help Choose an Ebook Cover for this WebsiteHelp Choose an Ebook Cover for this Website
    Didn't read you had chosen already. From those I think the one of the lens looks better without the lines on top and bottom, I find them too bright and distracting form the centre of the page, and I like the one with the ripped centre landscape, since the black background gives better contrast, and the ripped part makes emphasis on the image better than the other ones.

I go for the second one. This is what photography... light passing thru the lens and capturing the image.

Real Name
    Ian

Just remembered this from what seems like eons ago….the CiC ebook.

Sean, has any progress been made on production?

Real Name
    Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by orlcam88 View Post
    1) The 3rd one of the purple landscape.
    2) the first one for the one with the lens.
    This would be my vote too!

They are all excellent covers, the one with the eye seems to photoshop 2

*I prefer the one with all 3 photos

*;-)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567