Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sunset Mule Deer and Dandelions C&C welcome (needed?)

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Sunset Mule Deer and Dandelions C&C welcome (needed?)

Out of camera, except for sensor spot removal. The bright bits are a combo of mosquitoes,willow fluff and dandelions fluff. One of those times where I just didn't have time to do anything beyond just quickly check the aperture and shoot. The deer was not sticking around for long.

Sunset Mule Deer and Dandelions  C&C welcome (needed?)

My version; the colour is enhanced to more approximate the light I remember. It was very red gold due to setting sun. Maybe a bit much but I wanted the effect. I am open to opinions and peoples vision of how they would approach this.

Real Name
    Terri

Re: Sunset Mule Deer and Dandelions C&C welcome (needed?)

Trevor, I really like this shot and I like the original crop better with maybe a little taken off the top. I think the silhouette makes more sense at a distance for some reason. And the distant shot has more layers and interest in the field. For me, the enhanced color is a little over the top but I'm wondering if it wouldn't seem so with the original crop.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Thanks Terri. I posted this because I have spent too much time fluctuating between liking the treatment and thinking it was excessive both in terms of the colour and crop. I have lost perspective on it. With your opinion noted, I will have to get back to mucking about with it and do a little less and see where that takes me.

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by terrib View Post
    Trevor, I really like this shot and I like the original crop better maybe a little taken off the top. I think the silhouette makes more sense at a distance for some reason. And the distant shot has more lyers and interest in the field. For me, the enhanced color is a little over the top but I'm wondering if it wouldn't seem so with the original crop.
    Trevor, I agree with Terri. Congratulations on managing to grab the opportunity for the shot.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Thanks Bruce and Terri; Sometimes I seem to lose my way in post processing and it's good to have someone whack me upside the head and point me in the right direction

A more moderate approach.