Thread: Bokeh in two Canon cameras / lenses

Real Name
    António Correia

Bokeh in two Canon cameras / lenses

Bokeh in two Canon cameras / lenses Bokeh in two Canon cameras / lenses
    Canon 5D + 24-70 at 70mm f/2,8 + natural morning light + Lightroom
    I love this 5D !
    --
    And Canon G9 at f/4,5 + macro position + natural morning light + Lightroom, also very good bokeh.

Do you agree ?

Real Name
    Ian

Re: Bokeh in two Canon cameras / lenses

Canon should employ you! You provide a good advert for their products.

Particularly like the thistle (2nd pic) which not only has good bokeh but just love the angle on a subject that many would ignore. But I also like the yellow flower too.

Real Name
    António Correia

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    Canon should employ you! You provide a good advert for their products.

Particularly like the thistle (2nd pic) which not only has good bokeh but just love the angle on a subject that many would ignore. But I also like the yellow flower too.
    I wish Canon would listen to you !

Thank you for the very flattering comment.
    i am sure there are other lenses from other brands that can do the same as I have done, like Nikon or Olympus, without forgetting Pentax and many others.

However, I wouldn't include Leica. Because they are too good to be mixed up with the "peopel"...

Wht do you shoot with ?

Real Name
    Ian

Over the years I think I have used most well known brands and even had a foray into medium format, but my current weapon of choice is the D3. (With a range of f2.8 lenses)

After six months and around 4,000 shots I am still happy!

Real Name
    António Correia

Over the years I think I have used most well known brands and even had a foray into medium format, but my current weapon of choice is the D3. (With a range of f2.8 lenses) After six months and around 4,000 shots I am still happy!
    Nikon D3. That must me a serious camera. Coupled with f/2,8 lens ...

How did I "fall" into Canon ?
    During my life I had Pentax in the 60.ies, later Nikon in the 70.ies and then Canon only 3/4 years ago just by change.
    My daughter wanted to buy a canera and I agree we could buy two at a time.
    Her decision was for Canon - publicity influence - and there I go.
    I have some of the best Canon lens f/28 all L ones.
    I can't change of brand even if I wanted because it would be too expensive.

Real Name
    Ian

Antonio,

Why change?

Nikon and Canon are very much on a par and until the D3 came out, I think Canon had the edge.

However Nikon answered my prayers as the D3 suits the type of photography I do frequently and it is around half the price of a Ds MkIII. I have used Nikons for around eighteen years now so, it was a logical choice.

I know of quite a few photographers with the 5D and most produce absolutely fabulous results. (Generally they are pretty good photographers and could do so with any camera) but nevertheless it has been the camera of choice for many for a few years now.

Real Name
    António Correia

Antonio,

Why change?

Nikon and Canon are very much on a par and until the D3 came out, I think Canon had the edge.

However Nikon answered my prayers as the D3 suits the type of photography I do frequently and it is around half the price of a Ds MkIII. I have used Nikons for around eighteen years now so, it was a logical choice.

I know of quite a few photographers with the 5D and most produce absolutely fabulous results. (Generally they are pretty good photographers and could do so with any camera) but nevertheless it has been the camera of choice for many for a few years now.
    Of course no reason tto change.
    But I am planning already to buy the MkIII at the end of it's commercial carrier, much the way I did with the 5D.
    Excuse me but I don't quite agree with "pretty good photographers and could do so with any camera".
    The quality of pictures depends - sometimes - very much on the equipment you are using.
    It is a very controversial question I think. I wouldn't be so straight. I think that depends on the person and the camera.
    Of course you do have more probabilities of having a good picture if you know what you are doing than not, with any camera.