Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Do Not Disturb

Real Name
    Grahame

Do Not Disturb

This little critter approx 15 mm in body length overall was spotted on the wall next to my favourite house lizards hunting spot but had strangely been ignored a number of times by him.

Carefully persuading him onto a piece of paper with a matchstick he remained very cooperative right up to unpacking and setting the camera up with him placed on a leaf in the perfect pose. At first I was concerned about his health but very occasionally he would move a leg.

Anyway, having taken the first three shots I spent time wondering why they were underexposed and on finally realising I was at max with the diffusers fitted to the SBR-200s made adjustments and about to take further ones when he turned and scampered at full speed.

Having downloaded the image it appears he may have been having his lunch, hence his reluctance to be disturbed which I mistakenly took for cooperation

Here's the best of the three, D300, 105VR, f22, 1/320s, ISO 200, 36mm tube, tripod, remote release and mirror up mode. 2 x SBR-200s fitted to lens in TTL mode.

Do Not Disturb

Real Name
    Greg

Re: Do Not Disturb

FWIW, Grahame, when dealing with micro creatures like this, I think you have to be grateful for what you get. When I see pictures of insects/animals like this with huge horns/ feelers (whatever) extending from their head, I thank god I am human

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: Do Not Disturb

Greg,

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    FWIW, Grahame, when dealing with micro creatures like this, I think you have to be grateful for what you get.
    You are right and I certainly envy those that capture them handheld in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    When I see pictures of insects/animals like this with huge horns/ feelers (whatever) extending from their head, I thank god I am human
    But I'm sure they are considered attractive in the insect world