Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Amma

  1. #1
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    29,166
    Real Name
    John

    Amma

    f/4.5
    ISO 100
    1/80sec
    82mm
    -1ev

    First noised reduced with Neat image then ACR adj.
    Second noise reduced with Neat image then ACR adj-lev, curves adj, usm
    Amma
    Amma

    Comments welcome.
    Last edited by Shadowman; 15th June 2013 at 02:50 PM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    1,661
    Real Name
    Sergio

    Re: Amma

    Very nice candid and heartwarming shot, John. I prefer the second image since I can see more detail on the subject and the surroundings.

    Sergio

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC
    Posts
    17,891

    Re: Amma

    I also prefer the second one for the reason Sergio mentioned. Consider a few ideas:

    1) Crop just below the bench, as the other foreground information doesn't add anything to the image. It distracts from the background information which is very helpful.

    2) There seems to be a green cast that is more than just light shining through the leaves. Whatever the cause, eliminating it makes the apple really stand out, which is such an interesting characteristic of the image.

    3) Add a subtle vignette that draws attention to the woman, though make it so subtle that you only notice it when you remove it.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 15th June 2013 at 08:01 PM.

  4. #4
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,475
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Amma

    Hi John,
    I think you have done a good job, I particularly like the 2nd picture.

  5. #5
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    29,166
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Amma

    Quote Originally Posted by unmerited View Post
    Very nice candid and heartwarming shot, John. I prefer the second image since I can see more detail on the subject and the surroundings.

    Sergio
    Thanks Sergio.

  6. #6
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    29,166
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Amma

    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    Hi John,
    I think you have done a good job, I particularly like the 2nd picture.
    Thanks John.

  7. #7
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    29,166
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Amma

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I also prefer the second one for the reason Sergio mentioned. Consider a few ideas:

    1) Crop just below the bench, as the other foreground information doesn't add anything to the image. It distracts from the background information which is very helpful.

    2) There seems to be a green cast that is more than just light shining through the leaves. Whatever the cause, eliminating it makes the apple really stand out, which is such an interesting characteristic of the image.

    3) Add a subtle vignette that draws attention to the woman, though make it so subtle that you only notice it when you remove it.
    Thanks Mike, I'll try your suggestions.

  8. #8
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    29,166
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Amma

    With edits suggested by Mike, cropped, color variation, slight vignette.

    Amma

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC
    Posts
    17,891

    Re: Amma

    Paul,

    I like the crop and the vignette. Hope you do too! It's interesting that I don't see the vignette even though I suggested it. I take that to be that it's a really good vignette that focuses the viewer on the subject without bringing attention to the vignette itself.

    Please don't hesitate to let me know if you want me to remove the image shown below. I have done a very quick alteration of the color cast that on my calibrated monitor appears more natural. If you're not using a calibrated monitor or Firefox as your browser, I expect you to get different if not inferior results.


    Amma

  10. #10
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    29,166
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Amma

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    Paul,

    I like the crop and the vignette. Hope you do too! It's interesting that I don't see the vignette even though I suggested it. I take that to be that it's a really good vignette that focuses the viewer on the subject without bringing attention to the vignette itself.

    Please don't hesitate to let me know if you want me to remove the image shown below. I have done a very quick alteration of the color cast that on my calibrated monitor appears more natural. If you're not using a calibrated monitor or Firefox as your browser, I expect you to get different if not inferior results.


    Amma
    Mike,

    Don't remove it, I like this version.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..
    Posts
    1,213

    Re: Amma

    Hi John. Nice composition and great capture. Like various alterations.

    karm

  12. #12
    Shadowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    29,166
    Real Name
    John

    Re: Amma

    Quote Originally Posted by Karm Redland View Post
    Hi John. Nice composition and great capture. Like various alterations.

    karm
    Thanks Karm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •