Thread: Ebook versions of. photography books

Real Name
    Dave

Ebook versions of. photography books

Partly prompted by Mike's last post, has anyone much experience of ebook versions of photography "how to" books? There is obviously not much point on a b&w kindle, where the grahics are poor anyway, but the sample books I've tried reading on my 10" android tablet look quite good. I could see some advantage in working with a tablet alongside my main screen.

Any thoughts?

Dave

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Ebook versions of. photography books

I have most of my recent books on my 10" Android tablet; I've even bought one or two duplicates that I have in hard copy. It's just so much more convenient to carry around my library; but frankly I don't particularly like the way that Amazon scales the images (i.e. not at all). I tend to only buy the hard copy if the e-version is not available.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 15th June 2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: typo correction

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I self-published an eBook explaining how to use a particular cataloging software, so I am admittedly biased in my thinking that eBooks can be wonderful learning tools. I received lots of raves and not one complaint about the eBook, so I'm not the only person who thinks they can be viable. I still occasionally refer to it myself to look up a particular detail.

Two particular advantages of an eBook: Unlike almost all bound books, it always lies flat when both of your hands are at your computer. The pages never yellow unless your monitor needs serious calibration.

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, Funny this should crop up as I was recently looking for something that would allow me to read Ebooks, be portable, cheap (of course) and easy to use. I was also using a kindle but as a lot of photography books (Ebooks or Hard cover) have colour in them I found it annoying that the kindle was only grey scale. I bought an Android A13 7" only had it for three days and pretty pleased with what I got for the money £40. I will however when this one goes to that electronic site in the sky buy the next one with a larger screen. Just in case someone is wondering how I managed to read an Epub file on an Android I used calibre ebook maker to convert then to Ebooks.
    Russ