Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Parachilna Sunrise

Real Name
    David Morton

Parachilna Sunrise

I, for once, got up early to take this. I'm a sucker for red skies and the clouds looked interesting.

Parachilna Sunrise

Parachilna is in the north of South Australia, and features gourmet meals, including their "FMG" (feral mixed grill) which contains all the animals on our coat of arms, and a camel sausage for good measure.

C & C welcome. I know the area around the sun is blown, but I don't think it spoils it too much.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Parachilna Sunrise

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    I, for once, got up early to take this.
    Well worth it, David.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
    I know the area around the sun is blown, but I don't think it spoils it too much.
    I agree. Indeed, I might have thought about going even further with it so that you could have got the merest detail into the land in the foreground rather than it going completely to black. That, of course, is where reverse GNDs come into their own, but I think I'd only be investing in them if I was doing a lot of sunsets and sunrises.

Real Name
    Greg

It's impossible for the sun not to be blown, so don't worry about it too much. I don't mind the foreground being black, although I would be inclined to crop a cm or so off the bottom to make the sky more prominent in the frame.

Real Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Well worth it, David.

I agree. Indeed, I might have thought about going even further with it so that you could have got the merest detail into the land in the foreground rather than it going completely to black. That, of course, is where reverse GNDs come into their own, but I think I'd only be investing in them if I was doing a lot of sunsets and sunrises.
    Nice, David, great color, and you got up in time. And I agree with Donald about getting some foreground. If you have it in LR, PS or the equivalent, did you try bringing up the shadows, or increasing foreground exposure using a GND manipulation? I suspect there is something there to see, if you did.

Real Name
    Dan

Great color and I like the trees in silhouette and the jagged horizon. Some unnecessary space top and bottom could be eliminated with a pano crop.