Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Lightning

Real Name
    Mark Fleming

Lightning

Hello everyone,

Is anyone really experienced in taking photographs of lightening? I took these (few) whilst on holiday in Sri Lanka earlier in the year. These were the result of a lot of trial and error while my partner was screaming at me to get in out the storm! Is there any way to take away the guesswork?

For the pics; http://www.flickr.com/photos/istarte...7606262850469/

Mark

Re: Lightening

the lightening's in all your pics is sharp and clear its the surrounding's that are underexposed i would have preffered a little more light all around

Administrator
    Real Name
    Sean

Re: Lightning

Yeah, just a little more exposure would work wonders. It's ok if you clip the lightning itself as a result...

Real Name
    Ian

Re: Lightning

Lightning is great to capture, maybe you could bring these up a little with some pp work?

Next time try for a slightly longer exposure, don't forget that the surroundings and sky have gone very dark because of the storm compared to normal, even at night, so you need to compensate slightly.

It only gets difficult if you are trying to capture a fast moving object in the same frame, without blur, which is one of the real challenges of trying this longer exposure type shot! (Unless you cheat with multiple exposures)