Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Just for fun. C&C welcom

Real Name
    Kris Harmon

Just for fun. C&C welcom

My dad turned 87 on June 4th so my wife and kids and I made the 5 and a half hour drive from Lubbock Texas to Lampasas Texas to see the old guy. The other reason for the trip was to see him not only for his birthday but to see him because he just got out of the hospital on Sunday. Considering his current condition we are lucky that he is still with us. Third reason for the trip was to see my sister who has cancer and is not doing well at all.

While he was at the hospital for a routine check up I broke out the camera and played a little bit.

I don't have a dedicated macro lens so I did my best with the bug pics and the bird pics may not be as sharp as I would have liked, but it I was shooting for fun to kill time. I really want to get a longer lens and will start putting away the money for a 400mm and maybe even a macro lens for days like today when I get the bug to shoot bugs.

1. Painted Bunting
    Just for fun.  C&C welcom
    005 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

2. Unknown Lizard - When I first saw this guy I thought the tree bark was crawling until I got his profile
    047 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

3. I believe this bird is called a Titmouse
    060 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

4. Common Spotted Whiptail
    124 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

5. Paper Wasp PLEASE NOTE: ALL OF THE FOLLOWING SOON MET THEIR FATE TO A CAN OF RAID!
    133 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

6. Wasp on Nest
    138 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

7. Adding to the Nest
    139 -2 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

The next few are of some odd species of spider I have never seen. My son saw these and affectionately named this guy Spike. He lived to fight another day even though he scared the snot out of my wife when she first saw him.

8. Spike 1
    149 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

9. Spike 2
    153 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

10. Spike is listed in Yellowbook
    167 -1 by KHarmon1971, on Flickr

Real Name
    George

Re: Just for fun. C&C welcom

All very good. Especially like Spike2 with the sharp focus and the fashionable hair style.

Real Name
    Christina

Love your spider photos for detail, clarity, light and sharp focus. He/She is a beauty!

Real Name
    Kris Harmon

Quote Originally Posted by Christina S View Post
    Love your spider photos for detail, clarity, light and sharp focus. He/She is a beauty!
    That spider was really unique. I had never seen a spider such as this one and the way he was hanging around made him a really good subject to shoot. He was unlike any spider I have ever seen. Every other spider I had ever seen used webs to catch their pray. This guy would stalk his prey. From time to time a fly would land on the table and he would stalk the flys and try to catch them.

Real Name
    Christina

Thanks for sharing Kris. Very interesting. He/She looks like a mini tarantula but more colourful. I want one!

Quote Originally Posted by KHarmon View Post
    That spider was really unique. I had never seen a spider such as this one and the way he was hanging around made him a really good subject to shoot. He was unlike any spider I have ever seen. Every other spider I had ever seen used webs to catch their pray. This guy would stalk his prey. From time to time a fly would land on the table and he would stalk the flys and try to catch them.