Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: water and the Cape

Real Name
    Neil McAllister

water and the Cape

Its the rainy season here in the Western Cape in South Africa,my excuse for slow shutter photos! ISO 100, 1/3 second, f/13.

water and the Cape

water and the Cape

Real Name
    Sergio

Re: water and the Cape

The slower shutter speed allowed you to create a creamy look but not too creamy in the falls. You have some nice deep rich greens and tans. I like the way water flows from the top right of the image to the bottom left creating a diagonal of sorts which leads my eye.

Very nicely done, Neil.

Sergio

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Neil you got to be careful of to slow a shutter speed. All you need to do is get the movement in the water. Freezing the water is also good. I like #1 better than #2. You can try nature shots on Vivid or even More Vivid. The images seem a bit de-saturated for the Cape this time of the year.

Real Name
    Neil McAllister

I took the photos shortly before sunrise so the colours are probably a bit cool because of that,as to shutter speeds to show some water movement I do find that there is quite a range to work with.In the past I've used much longer exposures but the water becomes more 'creamy' and looses any definition so it can be a fine line to capture the ideal look, though of course that is a personal taste thing anyway and peoples ideas do vary as to what looks good to them.

Real Name
    John

Very nice.