Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Walking on Water

Real Name
    Greg

Walking on Water

#1.
    Walking on Water

She was trying to cross the entrance to a tidal creek before the next wave came in. But she didn't see a channel: 3 more steps and she was up to her waist in it. Unfortunately, I missed that...

#2.
    Walking on Water

This one was beyond the reach of my lens, so this is about 50% crop and then some sharpening etc.

Real Name
    John

Re: Walking on Water

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    #1.
    Walking on Water

She was trying to cross the entrance to a tidal creek before the next wave came in. But she didn't see a channel: 3 more steps and she was up to her waist in it. Unfortunately, I missed that...

#2.
    Walking on Water

This one was beyond the reach of my lens, so this is about 50% crop and then some sharpening etc.
    Hopefully the reason you missed it is because you were helping her out of the drink? Nice images, were you standing on the beach or the pier for the surfing shot? That's as far as I'll go for the board action.

Real Name
    Greg

No, John, I she didn't need rescuing - she was out of it almost as quick as she went in. I missed the shot because the camera was busy writing to the card.

The surfer: I was on the beach.

Real Name
    Terri

Those are nice action shots. The title fits the first perfectly. Well, maybe she's running on water....

Real Name
    Dan

I'm a bit cofused. Where is the fin and dark shape in the wave? The way we here it over hear there is a GWS in every wave. Or at least behind every surfer

Title definately fits the first shot. I imagine the look on her face was priceless when she hit the deep water. Been there, done that. It is shocking

Real Name
    Greg

Terri and Dan, thanks for viewing. I think I should have focused on the young woman's feet; but this was happening behind me.

It's funny that you mention sharks, Dan. Yesterday a local pool was closed because there was a shark in it.

You have to be quick if you want to see this, the local paper's links tend to decay pretty quickly
    http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/s...gi-ocean-pool/

Real Name
    Dan

...It's funny that you mention sharks, Dan. Yesterday a local pool was closed because there was a shark in it...
    So basically, not only are they in every wave, but you've even got them in your swimming pools? Oh lovely. No need to pack the swim suit for our trip.

beautiful space in front of the face, very fluid, a famous saying F-8 and be there

Real Name
    John

No, John, I she didn't need rescuing - she was out of it almost as quick as she went in. I missed the shot because the camera was busy writing to the card.

The surfer: I was on the beach.
    Lost many a shot because of slow card speed and a few with a slow auto focus.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Only just came across these Greg, great action shots!

Dave