Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photo Feedback

Photo Feedback

In an effort to try and improve, I'd like some feedback on these two images, both of the same olive branch. I'm trying to better understand the entire gamut of taking pictures, so feel free to comment on whatever you see fit to comment on. Composition, exposure, framing etc...feel free to open up the floodgates. One thing I would ask, is as you offer critique, could you also explain what you would have done different. Thanks! S

Photo Feedback

Photo Feedback

Real Name
    Christina

Re: Photo Feedback

Hi Gleason,

For me the first photo seems a little bit overexposed, and the background a bit busy. I think I would have tried to zoom in on just the two fruits, and tried a different angle for a different background. (if possible) I like the natural soft colours in this photo.

I prefer the composition in the second photo because the fruits seem closer bu I prefer the natural colours of the first photo.

I'm still learning and that is all I can think of to say.

Yes, I would zoom in or crop tighter, possibly try a different size ratio. At the moment we don't really know what was the intended subject.

And try an edit somewhere between those two extremes. I would probably do some selective sharpening etc which was applied to the intended subject not the background. But that depends on your software.

Real Name
    Andrew

First off try an d pick a subject that would appeal to a majority of people. Green berries on a green branch with green and yellow background doesn't cause that head-snapping look. It's all part of the process Gleason. Go after some contrast whether it be colour, texture or light. You'll get more interest in the feedback.