Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Baptist Church (6-1-13)

Real Name
    Bruce

Baptist Church (6-1-13)

I am not real pleased with this photo; however I thought I post it to get any comments.
    C&C welcome.
    Baptist Church (6-1-13)

Here is another view I like better.
    Baptist Church (6-1-13)
    Last edited by Digital; 1st June 2013 at 05:49 PM.

Real Name
    John

Re: Baptist Church (6-1-13)

The exposure looks fine, could shoot it at one stop faster shutter speed. The angle is a little off and it's a very plain looking building. Try at a different angle. perhaps directly from the front or at a lower angle.

Real Name
    Bruce

Bruce, did you shoot this with a wide angle lens? Both images appear twisted although in different ways. in the first image , part of the church leans to the left. In the second image, the posts supporting the roof over the front door porch lean to the right. Is this something that maybe could be corrected in editing?

Apart from the lack of perpendicularity, my preference is for the first image. One option might be to crop it on the left to remove most of the building behind the church. The sun is shining in this photo and makes the image more cheerful. On the other hand it does mean the side wall is in the shade.

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Cantab View Post
    Bruce, did you shoot this with a wide angle lens? Both images appear twisted although in different ways. in the first image , part of the church leans to the left. In the second image, the posts supporting the roof over the front door porch lean to the right. Is this something that maybe could be corrected in editing?

Apart from the lack of perpendicularity, my preference is for the first image. One option might be to crop it on the left to remove most of the building behind the church. The sun is shining in this photo and makes the image more cheerful. On the other hand it does mean the side wall is in the shade.
    Bruce, I did shoot this with a wide angle handheld. I normally use a tripod; however on this trip I did not bring one.
    After I posted these pics I noticed they were leaning so I corrected one in PP.
    Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Bruce

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    The exposure looks fine, could shoot it at one stop faster shutter speed. The angle is a little off and it's a very plain looking building. Try at a different angle. perhaps directly from the front or at a lower angle.
    John, thank you for your comments.

Bruce

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I prefer the first one but you might want to crop on the left to eliminate the small green awning. I'm not sure, but if you get the lamp pole perfectly straight, I think the rest of the image will look straight though of course the keystone effect will remain.

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I prefer the first one but you might want to crop on the left to eliminate the small green awning. I'm not sure, but if you get the lamp pole perfectly straight, I think the rest of the image will look straight though of course the keystone effect will remain.
    Mike, thank you for your coments.

Bruce

Real Name
    Bruce

#3 Is this pic any better? I cropped it vertically.
    Baptist Church (6-1-13)

I played with this image in PP. C&C welcomed.
    Bruce
    Baptist Church (6-1-13)
    Last edited by Digital; 2nd June 2013 at 05:39 PM.