Thread: Two Dragonflies

Real Name
    pinaki

Two Dragonflies

I have captured two different dragonflies on two waterlilies. Moods are different.C&C are welcome.

Two Dragonflies

Two Dragonflies

Real Name
    Mary

Re: Two Dragonflies

Beautiful- I like the second better. Is there a better time of day to capture dragonflies and another? I know that butterflies are "slower" in the early morning than in the afternoon.-mary

Real Name
    Bobo

Beautiful shots Pinaki.

Suggest cloning out the 2 white spots at left and right edge of #1 and the big on on the left in #2.

About Mary's question - same with dragons. But it does not quite matter with most species - they like to bask in the sun and are creatures of habit. If you see one on a twig chances are it will keep returning to the same twig.

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Pinaki,

I like #1 for the sharp focus, the fabulous detail in the dragon fly and the beautiful colours... I wonder if you could crop it closer to give it more attention?

Real Name
    pinaki

Thank you all for viewing and feedback. Christina, you were right, a closer crop should show more details but when i tried that limitations of compact camera was evident. Noise appeared badly in the image. Actually this was shot with Panasonic Lumix DMC
    FZ 200 in Aperture Priority mode, 108mm,f/4,ISO 200. Bobo good suggestion regarding PP. I did not notice those spots.

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Pinaki, Yes, of course... the Panasonic Lumix was my first digital camera