Thread: Dense Forest Growth

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Dense Forest Growth

Comments welcomed.

Dense Forest Growth

Karm

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Dense Forest Growth

Very nice artsy feel to it and will go well on some large wall.

== rant start ==
    48 views ahead of me and not ONE peep. What happened to manners? Like, no like, whatever, but say something. Heads at 45% staring into phones is not going to make anyone a good photographer (or anything else)!
    == rant end ==
    Last edited by Bobobird; 29th May 2013 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Bobo.

Karm

It doesn't do a lot for me either way, I neither like it nor hate it. Perhaps that is what most of those 48 thought.

Possibly printed onto canvas to give more of a painting effect and texture would look good.

Real Name
    Przemysław (pron. Pshemislav)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    == rant start ==
    48 views ahead of me and not ONE peep. What happened to manners? Like, no like, whatever, but say something. Heads at 45% staring into phones is not going to make anyone a good photographer (or anything else)!
    == rant end ==
    Hi,

Well, that's the same issue when you read all those "ohs", "ahs" and "wows" (cute, nice, gorgeous, etc) when a blind man even could see the picture is not "natural" or heavily overcolored accordingly to the latest fads in photography.

I was here earlier. I started to think what I saw. It looked like a t-shirt texture from an African country or Polynesia, where such hues and themes are on nearly every shirt in every shop at every corner of a city. A lot of TV programs on geography let you see the places.

Then came the second thought, the image is a canvas made with rubber stamp option from GIMP or Photoshop. So the picture should be classified as "artistic" one. That's not what I like the best.

@Karm Redland
    I saw the extensive white tree trunks and I decided it is not a picture per se. So I left opining to others, more experienced in "artistic" views. I am not making excuses here now, but your "Dense Forest Growth" was confusing to the point I was unable to pigeonhole it to any known photo genre.

I didn't say I do not like it, just contrary. It is nice thanks to the color motif. But I cannot say any more about it. Just the impression on colors only. Simply speaking I am/was clueless __what__ to comment.

Best regards

Real Name
    Greg

Obviously a difficult lighting situation, Karm. It reminds me of a Japanese print -- almost expect to see a panda in there.

Real Name
    Christina

I like the composition, the colours, the light, the attention on the middle tree branch and the soft airy feel...

It is different but not my favourite photo of yours because the subject is not clear to me, but it is pretty.
    Last edited by Brownbear; 30th May 2013 at 12:47 AM.

When I looked at this scene I liked its objects and their arrangements. What I did not like were its natural colors. What I decided to create, using Lightroom 4 and Nik software, was "just" a pretty and decorative image. Not art, not photographic excellence, not anything earth shattering, just pretty and decorative. If my current level of skill in executing this type of image is that of a Polynesian T-shirt maker then I am okay with that.

Karm

Real Name
    Christina

Hi Karm, I think it is pretty, and decorative.

Real Name
    Przemysław (pron. Pshemislav)

Quote Originally Posted by Karm Redland View Post
    (..)decorative image. Not art, not photographic excellence, not anything earth shattering, just pretty and decorative. If my current level of skill in executing this type of image is that of a Polynesian T-shirt maker then I am okay with that.
    OK, no one is questioning your skills, they are pretty good but I am still "clueless __what__ to comment". Your skill in using software only? There's no composition, no photo "rules" to follow, no light/shadow balancing, no 3 dimensional depth to ponder, etc. Is it a photography or preliminary project for a wallpaper to be manufactured soon?

I have read the CiC is "a learning community for ***photographers***". Why should I shift my attention into projects of ***entrepreneurs*** highly skilled in Lightroom 4 and Nik software usage?

Regards

Real Name
    George

I like it Karm because it mixes abstract and natural elements: the impressionist leaves and the hard edges of the branches and trees. It made me stop and look.

George

Hi Przemyslaw, I didn't ask anyone to comment on my image. Bobo just wondered why no one had commented. Given your check list of what you believe is missing from this picture I don't blame you for not wanting to comment. It would take you hours to get it it all down and it would take me hours to refute everything.

There is no contradiction to being a photographer and wanting to produce pretty and decorative images. I think I would punt on wanting to make my image into wallpaper. However, I can think of many other equally frivolous uses for this image that I would be proud to exploit.

Karm