Thread: Forest Walk

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Forest Walk

.....Forest Walk.....Walkway through Forest....

Real Name
    Andre Burger

Re: Forest Walk

Hi Bernard,

This is one of those shots that makes me think.

You would like to capture the mood in the forest and show the walkway through the forest to the viewer. You have limited tools available in your bag, how do you do it?

Using a 12-16mm lens lying on your stomach in the walkway, shooting a little upward to show a little of the forest canopy and all of the walkway, would probably be the answer. Now you don’t have a 12 or 16mm lens in your bag, what now. Do you pass without taking the shot or do you take the shot and hope the viewer will appreciate what you are trying to show?

I do think if you were lying on your stomach with the camera turned to portrait to show a little more height in the trees would have improved the shot. Using a 32mm lens would have allowed you to get much more of the forest into the image.

A very difficult shot to execute, creating a nicely composed image. Maybe next time you can try different angles and experiment with different focal lengths.

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Re: Forest Walk

Andre,Thanks for your kind and helpful thoughts but at my stage of the game if I were to lie on my stomach in a forest path it would take me about a half hour to get back on my feet.....