Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Flowers of Summer

Real Name
    pinaki

Flowers of Summer

Last few weeks i was down in Siliguri which is a foothill town. Naturally weather was clear with scorching sunlight. I went to my club where i found these flowers and i quickly captured them in my camera. Though it was a compact (Panasonic Lumix DMC FZ200) i am quite happy with the results.
    1.Flowers of Summer
    2.Flowers of Summer

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Flowers of Summer

Nice shots Pinaki. I do prefer the frangipani a bit more then the first. Maybe that is due to the bright light killing the green of the water lily leaves.

Real Name
    Antonio Luz

Pinaki,
    Your photos are good and #2 is special.
    Antonio.

Real Name
    Przemysław (pron. Pshemislav)

If I may, my 3p. ;-)

First image. The flowers are exceptional and I like the composition. Only the background does not play well to the whole picture. The leaves seem to be covered with something white. The pond was in such place perhaps that limited the angle of your camera but you would lost the flowers' composition then. Perhaps GIMP would be helpful in such circumstances? But there would be a lot of work to do.

Second image is what I like the best. Flowers backed by their natural habitat. I do not like all those enormously blurred backgrounds or, what's worst, the pitch black surroundings with flowers coming out from nowhere. Back to your image, it is slightly unbalanced. The flowers try to fly away and the right bottom corner attracts viewers' eyes unnecessary. There is nothing to show, the flowers are the main heroins! ;-) That's why more wisely than me suggest in their tutorials to look at the photo subject from different angles or sides first, only then to shoot the picture.

But what really matters is your excellent eye for colors!

BTW. When placing images here make one line gap between images at least (one or two empty line(s) between entries).

Regards

Real Name
    Robert

Hello Panaki, very pretty flowers that you captured well. I like them both. ....Bob

Real Name
    pinaki

Thank you all friends for viewing and opinions.