Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cats&Dogs

Cats&Dogs

Shot at the same day, in my favorite shooting time - sunset. I liked the colour of the cats eyes a lot.
    And the dog looked so romantic and serene in this light - C&C appreciated as always!

Cats&Dogs
    &
    Cats&Dogs

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Re: Cats&Dogs

Armand, these are quite nice.

The focus of the cat's eyes looks to be spot on. I can see he was intent on you and talking to you. I also like the color of his fur. The tabby ticking stands out well. What settings did you use? The only niggle is that I would have liked to have more in focus.

The back lighting of your dog and the lighting of your image is just exquisite. I like your composition. The only thing that bothers me is the pole in the center of the image. It may just be a matter of personal taste. Can you clone it out?

All in all, nicely done.

Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Marie Hass View Post
    Armand, these are quite nice.

The focus of the cat's eyes looks to be spot on. I can see he was intent on you and talking to you. I also like the color of his fur. The tabby ticking stands out well. What settings did you use? The only niggle is that I would have liked to have more in focus.

The back lighting of your dog and the lighting of your image is just exquisite. I like your composition. The only thing that bothers me is the pole in the center of the image. It may just be a matter of personal taste. Can you clone it out?

All in all, nicely done.

Marie
    Hi and thanks. The depth of field of the cat is so shallow, because It was pretty dark, there was shade and I had to use fast speed on my 150mm Sigma. It's at 2,8 f stop and I didn't have time to pull out a flash. I like to keep it at maks 800 ISO for better images, so this one is 800 ISO, 1/160 speed.

About the dog - yes, it's my favorite lightning also. I was thinking of removing the tree(it's a tree) but wasn't sure if it was necessary. Maybe I'll consider this again. Thanks.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Armand,

I was thinking of removing the tree(it's a tree) but wasn't sure if it was necessary. Maybe I'll consider this again.
    I would remove it if mine - it wouldn't have been so bad if on the right third (with dog where it is), but right in the middle, it cuts the shot in two (even though it doesn't come that far down the frame).

I like the somewhat unconventional framing with cat on left, about to run off, in #1