Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Assorted greens

Real Name
    Bobo

Assorted veggies

Some recent shots of flowers and what not.

C&C always welcomed and appreciated.

Assorted greens

Assorted greens

Assorted greens

Assorted greens

Assorted greens

Assorted greens

Assorted greens

8. This happens when the branch is shaken.
    Assorted greens
    Last edited by Bobobird; 24th May 2013 at 04:39 AM.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Assorted veggies

I really like #5, though consider removing the brown thing that appears to have floated onto the subject from somewhere. Try brightening it to see if you think it enhances the soft pastel appearance.

I also like #4 (though somewhat less) and think it would be improved by removing the cobweb in the lower left corner.

By the way, the next time you title a post, "Greens," keep in mind that you're likely to disappoint me as you did this time when I expected to see salads. Then when I see that, indeed, you have changed the title to "Veggies," well, I really do expect to see veggies, not flowers and cones.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 24th May 2013 at 12:04 PM.

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Dear Bobo,

#1, I like a lot. The single tulip and the blue flowers as a background is lovely. The lighting is perfect.

#7 is my next best favorite. The cones with the spiderweb is perfect. If possible, I would prefer a tighter crop? This is just my own preference, nothing wrong with your image that needs fixing.

While I like what you have done with all of your images, to me, #2 seems slightly out of focus. #3 I would have preferred more stem - a portrait orientation. #4 does not seem to have enough contrast? #5 also seems to need more contrast and to get rid of that brown thing that grabs my attention rather than the image. #6 is nice, but I might enjoy more of a pano idea? wider and less height. #8 I like, but not as much as the first 2 I mentioned.

Lovely series and nicely done.

Marie

Real Name
    Christina

#6 is my favourite.. Love the colours, perspective and lines

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Mike - I will try your usual excellent suggestions in a bit. As for titling imagine how bland - assorted flowers would have sounded.

Thanks Marie - I will try your crop suggestion on #7. The others suggestions will be stored in my head and applied in future shoots. One thing though I seem to be going through a "soft" phase atm hence the lack of overall sharpness or contrasts in some shots.

Thanks Christina - that was a quick grab. Attention going more towards the tiny (<3") web but I intended to return in a day or 2 to redo the scene. But.... the buds had wilted.

Real Name
    pinaki

Excellent shots Bobo. I like no1 and no6. number 6 branch of pine or what? We see here lot of pine trees in darjeeling with similar foliage but flower is different.

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Pinaki.

Yes 6-8 are pines.