Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Sunset Special

Real Name
    Cindy

The Sunset Special

I may have been a little over zealous by lying on the train tracks for this shot. I've only made some tonal contrast adjustments and cropped portrait. C&C is always appreciated and welcome.

The Sunset Special

Real Name
    Sergio

Re: The Sunset Special

Great shot, Cindy. I have to agree with your over-zealousness but it sure has made for a wonderful shot. Glad you're safe though.

Sergio

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Very nice photo, Cindy. You were being overly zealous only if the train was approaching rather than going away from you.

One of my favorite images was taken while standing on some train tracks. There was no train in the half-mile line of sight that was available, so I knew I would feel vibration of the train coming long before it could be seen. Not having any first-hand experience with trains (apparently not everything is as in the movies), I have no idea why I came to that conclusion. Even so, I even had a plan of where and how to exit quickly in the event that I felt the oncoming train. Immediately after I released the shutter, I heard rather than felt the train. That's because its engineer saw me and thankfully blew his horn. Thank goodness I had made a plan of exit, because the supposed vibration that I expected to feel never happened.
    Last edited by Mike Buckley; 24th May 2013 at 02:00 AM.

Real Name
    Bobo

What a wonderful image and the element of danger just adds to it.