Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Pink

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Pink

Sorry, no popstar photos or pretty flowers, just sky !

The first shot was taken a couple of days ago. If only I'd been in a better location than my back garden. The other two shots were taken yesterday morning at the Mt Coot-tha lookout. The sky wasn't as good as the previous day but there were still some spectacular colours. The pano was stitched from 5 shots and a 3 stop GND was used. The second shot is a restaurant at the lookout and I just liked the pink backdrop.

In all shots there is very little colour enhancement. It is pretty much as it was.

Comments welcome

Pls click on images for best viewing.

Dave

Pink

Pink

Pink
    Last edited by dje; 22nd May 2013 at 04:07 AM.

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Pink

Beautiful colors, Dave. And the pano is an absolute accomplishment, this coming from one who is not generally a huge fan of panos. The clouds in #1 are just gorgeous and dramatic, nothing for it that you were where you were.

It reminds me of when I was in Ireland and saw the most breathtaking rainbow of my life, before or since. I literally SPRINTED to gain a better background, and ended up with nothing as it was all gone by the time I arrived. Next time I'll do what you were wise enough to do- to take what I could get.

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Pink

Kevin thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

In these circumstances, you certainly don't have much time to experiment - the colour conditions I experienced here lasted no more than 5 mins.

Dave