Thread: plannig to buy canon d600

Real Name
    ANU

plannig to buy canon d600

hello freinds i am buying canon d600,do you have any suggestions on this.
    can i find a better DSLR in this range,if yes please suggest.
    and also suggest the which lens would be more useful for me to take potraits.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Re: plannig to buy canon d600

Quote Originally Posted by Anusha View Post
    hello freinds i am buying canon d600,do you have any suggestions on this.
    can i find a better DSLR in this range,if yes please suggest.
    and also suggest the which lens would be more useful for me to take potraits.
    What are your specific reasons that you now choosing the 600D over these other four cameras you were considering only a few weeks ago?

WW

Real Name
    Adrian

Anusha

Having (like William) read your other thread, I would strongly counsel you to be much less hung up about the camera than you seem to be. All mid range Canons and Nikons (and Fuji and Olympus et al) will do a similar job in a similar way with similar results if you use similar glass.

Get decent glass (such as 24-1054 f4 L in Canon as a "do most things" lens) and make that your priority, not the body. Glass stays with you. Bodies come and go. Your main aim is acquiring skill, not acquiring a specific camera.

Adrian

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Anusha

It is unfortunate that you seem to have been prevented from buying a camera by your seeming desire to know everything before you buy. You are setting yourself an impossible challenge. You have also lost 8 weeks during which you could have been out there taking lots of photographs.

I honestly do not think that people on here can give you any more help and advice than you got in the previous thread (linked to by Bill).

Real Name
    Richard

I frankly like the Canon line of cameras which incorporate the dual-dial system. This includes the original Canon 30D and 60D cameras and all of the cameras from the 10D to the 60D, plus the 7D. The two dial syatem is just easier and more pleasant for me to shoot with. I am able to change the shooting parameters faster and with less effort using the Main and Quick Control dials than using the single dial system of the Rebel type cameras. The Rebels seem to rely more on the menu to change parameters. I also like the slightly larger size of the 10D to 60D + 7D line of cameras...

I don't know about the prices in India, but here in the USA, the price of the Canon 60D (which has an articulating LCD) is quite competitive with the price of the 600D or 650D and has quite a few other advantages...

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

To be a bit of a stickler; Nikon makes a D600, while the closest I can come to that in the Canon line is a 600D.

I would have to agree with the others, every camera model has advantages and disadvantages; so there will always be tradeoffs in any decision you make. Your inital question was posted well over a year ago, and while there has been a refresh in all the lines, the answers you received previously are still valid today.

The best selling FULL-FRAME portrait lens that both Canon and Nikon put out is the f/2.8 70 - 200mm (which translates approximately to 45mm to 125mm in the Canon crop-frame sensor). Picking a camera and going with it is really the best advice anyone can give you. You've had a long time to consider your options, so just get a camera an start shooting.

Real Name
    Greg

FWIW Anu, about 12 months ago I decided it was time to move on to a DSLR. I did a bit of research on the various Canon and Nikon offerings and decided that I didn't know nearly enough about cameras or photography to be able to evaluate the specs and reviews that I read. I realised that I needed experience to be able to assess what the various functions and features do. So in the end I just walked into the local JB HiFi shop and asked to be shown what they had in stock. The 600D suited my price range. It came with the EF-S 17-55 and the EF-S 50-250 lens. Probably not top range lenses, but I have had a lot of fun with them. An' if I ain't havin' fun, then it ain't worth doin'!

Real Name
    ANU

Well due to some reasons unfortunately i didnt buy the DSLR last year,but today finally i bought canon 600d EF-S-18-135mm kit lens..and it feels so good....

I am a part time worker and a student ,therefore i took time to accumulate the money and buy it.

Thank you all for the suggestions,,i received loads of technical information from the previous thread for selecting a DSLR and lens...

Will upload a few photographs soon..

thank you all.....
    appreciated all the feedbacks..

Real Name
    ANU

the reason now i choose canon 600d is due to the price fall of the model.and i felt 600d is a better model compared to the other four.

Real Name
    William (call me Bill)

Good.

Look forward to seeing your pictures.

WW

Real Name
    Richard

Anu, now that you have your camera, this should be the time to start shooting with it. It is no longer the time to worry whether you made the best choice in camera selection.

I want to paraphrase AGAIN a statement made by a Nikon executive.

If you have a modern DSLR camera of any brand and you are not getting excellent imagery, the fault is not with the camera!"

Good luck and keep shooting. The wonderful thing about digital photography is that after the initial pain of purchasing the equipment, shooting is free...

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Congratulations Anu. Your job is now to enjoy your new camera and to learn how to use it so that it can help you make make good quality pictures.