Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Some shots with new/old lens

Real Name
    Paul Melkus

Some shots with new/old lens

Not had many chances to get out and do some shooting because of one thing or another. Here some shots I took the other day using my Sony 580 and a Minolta 70-210 f/4.0 also called the "beercan" considering it's shape, which I just got. I like the constant f/4.0 aperture it has and the built quality is excellent. It is built like a self defense weapon (full metal and glass built). They sure don't make them like they use to you know For a 30 year old lens it looks new and works the same I'm sure I will be using it a lot. This is my first outting with this set up and also I did not see it until too late my Sony was set on Jpeg fine not RAW (Who be messing with my Camera) so I think the shots could have look better. C@C always welcome.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Some shots with new/old lens

It's always fun trying out a lens that is new to you, whether the lens itself is new or old. My two longest lenses haven't been made for a very long time. Enjoy!

I still have a Minolta 70-210mm f/4 lens purchased about 1984. However, it was a consumer-quality lens and probably wasn't at constant f/4. I also wasn't into gear at the time, so I have no idea if it had a nickname.