Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Detroit

Real Name
    Anthony

Detroit

I was out on a very hot and sunny day in Detroit and shot some things while I was walking around. You would never thing Detroit could be so lovely =) These were all taken with my infrared converted camera...perfect for those sunny days! Please give me your opinion on these. I'll number them so you can comment specifically. I credit all of my improvement over the last few months from all of you! Thanks.
    -Anthony

Detroit

Detroit

Detroit

Detroit

Detroit

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Detroit

They are all interesting, but what I particularly like are the lines and shapes (the geometry) of this one. I think the curve of that concrete wall works perfectly as a contrast with the lines of the buildings behind. And the tree coming into the frame just makes a point about nature struggling to hang on in there in the face of all these attacks on the environment and the concreting over of the land.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonymagister View Post
    Detroit

Real Name
    John

Very nice, gives it a futuristic (Hollywood style) look.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

The lines, color and drama of the second one really pull me into it. Well done!

Real Name
    Kevin

All very cool. #2 is just superb

Real Name
    Lex

#5's a winner to my eye. For the benefit of non-Detroiters, the Renaissance Center (building in the first two photos) normally has bands of color circling from LCD screens near the top of each tower. I see it every day, and I'm surprised by how stark it looks without those bits of color. IR definitely provides a new perspective. Well done, Anthony. If you're ever in Detroit again, feel free to send me a PM (I live in Corktown on the west side). An impromptu photo tour would be very welcome.

Real Name
    Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by RustBeltRaw View Post
    #5's a winner to my eye. For the benefit of non-Detroiters, the Renaissance Center (building in the first two photos) normally has bands of color circling from LCD screens near the top of each tower. I see it every day, and I'm surprised by how stark it looks without those bits of color. IR definitely provides a new perspective. Well done, Anthony. If you're ever in Detroit again, feel free to send me a PM (I live in Corktown on the west side). An impromptu photo tour would be very welcome.
    Absolutely! I live in Ypsilanti, so I only 30 minutes away. In a teacher too so I have all summer to go out there