Thread: Crying petals...

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Crying petals...

Something different from what I usually share. Does it work for you? Cheers...

Crying petals...
    Last edited by Otavio; 14th May 2013 at 09:48 PM.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Crying petals...

I can see why you chose the title but it is not what I expected. Even though it is a delicate subject because it is B&W it may benefit from just a little bit more contrast.

The magnification of the petal structure through the droplets looks good. Be interested in seeing it or one similar to it in soft pastel colours.

I am also wondering about trying it the other way up. 180 degree rotation. Not sure. I'm attempting to turn my head upside down to see the difference.

Real Name
    pinaki

Very nice details.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Geoff,

I have a rotation option on my FireFox browser and I tried it up-side-down - I like it as it is here better though, tends to look even more like teeth when the other way up

Hi Otavio,

I find it a little lacking in DoF (at f/8) and wondered about f/11 or even f/16 so that all the petal texture is sharp.

HTH,

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    I can see why you chose the title but it is not what I expected. Even though it is a delicate subject because it is B&W it may benefit from just a little bit more contrast.

The magnification of the petal structure through the droplets looks good. Be interested in seeing it or one similar to it in soft pastel colours.
    Hi Paul, I appreciate your response. I was wondering if a little more contrast would be better, but was not sure. Your opinion reinforce, to me, that I should have pushed it a little higher. Thanks!

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    I am also wondering about trying it the other way up. 180 degree rotation. Not sure. I'm attempting to turn my head upside down to see the difference.
    Hi, Geoff. Thanks for viewing and commenting. I will definitely try the 180 degree rotation and see the result. Cheers.

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Quote Originally Posted by pinakibaidya View Post
    Very nice details.
    Hi, Pinaki. Thanks for your feedback! Cheers!

Real Name
    Otávio Oliveira

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Geoff,

I have a rotation option on my FireFox browser and I tried it up-side-down - I like it as it is here better though, tends to look even more like teeth when the other way up

Hi Otavio,

I find it a little lacking in DoF (at f/8) and wondered about f/11 or even f/16 so that all the petal texture is sharp.

HTH,
    Hi, Dave. I totally agree with your view on DoF. I only saw that when back home, but will surely consider it for next opportunities.

PS.: I am trying to develop some sort of a "Brain switch" to select between Birds and Macro, as something around F/8 is usually good to shoot birds but will give a too much shallow depth of field for Macro. As a new guy in macro, I will get used to this soon. Thank you guys for the feedback!

Cheers...

Real Name
    Bobo

Petals don't cry. Possibly your tears on seeing this beauty and were too shy to admit. haha.

Nice one Otavio.