Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Along the Oxtongue River

Real Name
    Allan Short

Along the Oxtongue River

Spend the last 4 days up in Algonquin Park this past weekend. The spring colours of soft greens and yellow were great, however the weather was not, we had it all and then the wind came up. Hard to shoot the spring leaves wet with mist, keeping the leaves sharp and the backgroung soft with the wind blowing things around.
    This is one that I got along the Oxtongue at the rapids, the leaves are coming out and are covered in droplets from the mist and light rain.

Cheers:

Allan

Along the Oxtongue River

Real Name
    Sergio

Re: Along the Oxtongue River

I like the effect of the clear crisp leaves and the blurred background. Very well done, Allan. Wonderful image.

I might crop some off the top, but that's just my personal taste and not a dislike of what you have done.

Sergio
    Last edited by Sergio M.; 13th May 2013 at 09:28 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I think that is a very beautiful image ....... except, I wondered why you chose that format which includes the bit of foliage at the top right.

One thing I looked at was a crop to a 4:5 format that retained the bottom and sides but took off the top. One argument is that this focuses more attention on that gorgeously captured sapling (or is it a branch of something larger?).

Your vision in deciding to go slightly slower and let the water blur, was inspired. I'm not usually a fan of blurry water, but in this case it works magnificently as a backdrop to the tree

Real Name
    Mike

+3 about cropping the top. The light green gently pulls my eye away from the main focus. Great water blur as a background. This is wall hanging worthy!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I like that Allan,

I wondered about slightly desaturating the green leaves top right though.

Sorry the weather was a challenge for you.