Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I Chop Down Trees, I Eat My Lunch...

Real Name
    Martin

I Chop Down Trees, I Eat My Lunch...

With apologies to Monty Python... no pressing of wildflowers here. The crew was onsite for over 14 hrs as the house had to have it's electrical power disconnected to avoid dropping trees over the lines into the house.

There was a row of "hedging" cedars that had to be removed due to disease and the impact on the roofs of the houses. The trees were apparently mislabelled...

I was quite impressed with the attention to safety demonstrated by the crew... now if only someone could explain the thought process behind the white SUV's driver who ignored the guy in the yellow vest, the traffic cones, frantic hand waving and yelling so they could drive the SUV into a situation that placed themselves at risk.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cp140/s...7633452456093/

Real Name
    Remco

Re: I Chop Down Trees, I Eat My Lunch...

Nice series

And no, the trees weren't mislabelled I guess, as the 'hedging' mostly means 'will support severe pruning for a number of years'...
    What happened to the car? (Probably got away without a scratch :/ )

Real Name
    Martin

Re: I Chop Down Trees, I Eat My Lunch...

Yeah the car got away safely... the trees had all been topped and were just the right length remained so that they didn't fall onto the street at all... it was still a lot closer than the crew was happy with.