Real Name
    Roger

More Skimmers

More Skimmers

More Skimmers

Real Name
    Joe

Re: More Skimmers

Hello Roger, I like the actions shots... Skimmers are one of my favorite birds. The detail in the shots could be improved by using a faster shutter speed, for all my flying birds I use a minimum of 1/2500. I looked at the EXIF data for your images and the shutter speed was slower than that.

Real Name
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by jprzybyla View Post
    Hello Roger, I like the actions shots... Skimmers are one of my favorite birds. The detail in the shots could be improved by using a faster shutter speed, for all my flying birds I use a minimum of 1/2500. I looked at the EXIF data for your images and the shutter speed was slower than that.
    I agree Joe however the light was getting low and with my camera images shot with ISO over 800 are pretty much unusable,I have serious camera envy of you guys with your 25,000 ISO. What is the max ISO you are able to shoot with near sunset for bird in flight shots and get a useable image.

Real Name
    Joe

Hi Roger, not sure what my maximum is on the camera. I limit it to a maximum of ISO3200. The conditions you describe near sunset are difficult to get a shutter speed high enough to freeze the action for sharp detail. Been there done that.