Thread: Would you crop it? How?

Real Name
    Giacomo

Would you crop it? How?

I took this shot a few weeks ago, just after dawn in the Tabernas Desert, Andalucia.
    Despite I like it, I feel like to have the need to crop it. I tried several crops, but I was never satisfied.
    Any suggestion?

Would you crop it? How?

Re: Would you crop it? How?

I think you need to decide which is most important, the branch or the landscape.

Cropping the branch would appear to create a few potential problems; or at least requiring a little bit of cloning. The foreground is a bit dark and slightly blurred.

So I think I would try a little from the bottom and a corresponding amount from the left side; unless you want to use a different size ratio.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

For me, the question shouldn't be about cropping; it should be about how to expand it. I'd like to see more space above the tree limb and a little to the right of it. I understand that you may not have such an image available.

Consider losing the small white building on the left side of the horizon.

Real Name
    Giacomo

Thank you, Geoff and Mike
    well... about blurring: the shot was taken with tripod, focal length 73, ISO 100, shutter speed 0.8 sec and f/32, in order to keep in focus both the branch and the hills, so I'm afrait that the blurring is mainly due to the poor performance of the lens at that aperture. But I can try to improve it a bit restarting from the RAW file.
    I agree with cropping out the dome (it's an astronomical observatory) on the right.
    I'll try again...
    Giacomo