Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Alone

  1. #1

    Alone

    Increased the color temp to warm a bit, taken just before sunset
    Alone

    Birdie
    Alone
    The Original before warming
    Alone
    Last edited by ajith.rajeswari; 19th November 2008 at 05:24 AM.

  2. #2

    Re: Alone

    the pic called "alone" is totally miss titled a pretty woman like that,cannot find herself alone,under any given circumstances secondly the warmth is a little overdone even the wild west,cowboys era,never had so much warmth, as your pic the pretty woman and the backdrop are not complimenting each other in this composition
    the second pic called"birdie" is just outstanding.......these two pics look like they have been shot by different persons thats my personal opinion

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vanvouver Island, BC
    Posts
    70

    Re: Alone

    Thoughts:

    1. A nice image, and excellent use of the road to focus the eye on the subject, however, she's too centered. Additionally, all of the pictures you've posted recently seem to have colour issues of one sort or another; the ones of your niece and the young boy seemed over-saturated, while this one and the bird have [what appear to be] WB issues. The skin tones appear much too warm.

    2. Very nice capture, but the tones in this one appear rather too cool; it's got a slight blue caste overall.

    Are you working on a calibrated monitor?

    Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

    John

  4. #4

    Re: Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    the pic called "alone" is totally miss titled a pretty woman like that,cannot find herself alone,under any given circumstances secondly the warmth is a little overdone even the wild west,cowboys era,never had so much warmth, as your pic the pretty woman and the backdrop are not complimenting each other in this composition
    the second pic called"birdie" is just outstanding.......these two pics look like they have been shot by different persons thats my personal opinion
    Thanks for the comments..when i revisited the first pic i too feel the warm being overdone ...
    These two pics are taken by me only ..those are my kids(i mean the photos :-))

  5. #5

    Re: Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by tirediron View Post
    Thoughts:

    1. A nice image, and excellent use of the road to focus the eye on the subject, however, she's too centered. Additionally, all of the pictures you've posted recently seem to have colour issues of one sort or another; the ones of your niece and the young boy seemed over-saturated, while this one and the bird have [what appear to be] WB issues. The skin tones appear much too warm.

    2. Very nice capture, but the tones in this one appear rather too cool; it's got a slight blue caste overall.

    Are you working on a calibrated monitor?

    Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

    John
    Thanks John..
    As "taken" mention in the previous post i over done the "warming" ..so i will be careful next time..
    For the other pics ..by default value for color was Vivid.. they wanted it that way..
    No, I am not using a calibrated monitor..

  6. #6

    Re: Alone

    teh first picture could have had the woman just walking out of the frame if you had got the depth oi field better

    she is wearing bright colors and a more earthy tone background would have been really great

    would have bene best if the torso was in focus byut the lower body was out of focus

  7. #7
    Raycer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    241

    Re: Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist81 View Post
    would have bene best if the torso was in focus byut the lower body was out of focus
    Hi Hedonist, can you share some light on how to achieve this effect?

  8. #8

    Re: Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by hedonist81 View Post
    teh first picture could have had the woman just walking out of the frame if you had got the depth oi field better

    she is wearing bright colors and a more earthy tone background would have been really great

    would have bene best if the torso was in focus byut the lower body was out of focus


    Thanks for your comments..
    I am a bit confused about your comments, can you show me the same giving an example.
    Thanks
    Ajith

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •