Thread: Alone

Alone

Increased the color temp to warm a bit, taken just before sunset
    Alone

Birdie
    Alone
    The Original before warming
    Alone
    Last edited by ajith.rajeswari; 19th November 2008 at 06:24 AM.

Re: Alone

the pic called "alone" is totally miss titled a pretty woman like that,cannot find herself alone,under any given circumstances secondly the warmth is a little overdone even the wild west,cowboys era,never had so much warmth, as your pic the pretty woman and the backdrop are not complimenting each other in this composition
    the second pic called"birdie" is just outstanding.......these two pics look like they have been shot by different persons thats my personal opinion

Thoughts:

1. A nice image, and excellent use of the road to focus the eye on the subject, however, she's too centered. Additionally, all of the pictures you've posted recently seem to have colour issues of one sort or another; the ones of your niece and the young boy seemed over-saturated, while this one and the bird have [what appear to be] WB issues. The skin tones appear much too warm.

2. Very nice capture, but the tones in this one appear rather too cool; it's got a slight blue caste overall.

Are you working on a calibrated monitor?

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

John

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    the pic called "alone" is totally miss titled a pretty woman like that,cannot find herself alone,under any given circumstances secondly the warmth is a little overdone even the wild west,cowboys era,never had so much warmth, as your pic the pretty woman and the backdrop are not complimenting each other in this composition
    the second pic called"birdie" is just outstanding.......these two pics look like they have been shot by different persons thats my personal opinion
    Thanks for the comments..when i revisited the first pic i too feel the warm being overdone ...
    These two pics are taken by me only ..those are my kids(i mean the photos :-))

Quote Originally Posted by tirediron View Post
    Thoughts:

1. A nice image, and excellent use of the road to focus the eye on the subject, however, she's too centered. Additionally, all of the pictures you've posted recently seem to have colour issues of one sort or another; the ones of your niece and the young boy seemed over-saturated, while this one and the bird have [what appear to be] WB issues. The skin tones appear much too warm.

2. Very nice capture, but the tones in this one appear rather too cool; it's got a slight blue caste overall.

Are you working on a calibrated monitor?

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

John
    Thanks John..
    As "taken" mention in the previous post i over done the "warming" ..so i will be careful next time..
    For the other pics ..by default value for color was Vivid.. they wanted it that way..
    No, I am not using a calibrated monitor..

teh first picture could have had the woman just walking out of the frame if you had got the depth oi field better

she is wearing bright colors and a more earthy tone background would have been really great

would have bene best if the torso was in focus byut the lower body was out of focus

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist81 View Post
    would have bene best if the torso was in focus byut the lower body was out of focus
    Hi Hedonist, can you share some light on how to achieve this effect?

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist81 View Post
    teh first picture could have had the woman just walking out of the frame if you had got the depth oi field better

she is wearing bright colors and a more earthy tone background would have been really great

Thanks for your comments..
    I am a bit confused about your comments, can you show me the same giving an example.
    Thanks
    Ajith