Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Qwerky Compositions for fun!

Real Name
    Mike

Your Qwerky Compositions for fun!

I can see that many of you are really talented using software programs like Photoshop and Elements so I thought it would be fun to see how far you can stretch your limits and sharing your results. I would prefer it if every component part of your completed images have been shot by you. For example, here's a composition I created using Photoshop.

I began by taking a photo of the Viaduct roundabout entrance to my hometown from up on the 6th level of a local car park. I also photographed the bus from the same location. At home I shot a photo of my hand and the drawer. Then I put them all together using the software. I added the sky from one of my other images. Ok, I know it's really basic but I think it's fun and I'm looking forward to seeing your imaginations running wild and coming up with some great compositions.

However, if this has already been done . . . just point me in the right direction of the nearest small darkened room

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mikejduk; 3rd May 2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Image size as usual

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Re: Your Qwerky Compositions for fun!

Mile love the idea. I will try to get a few ideas I been having done to put here. Also with uploading photos, what I do I upload them to flikr(any photo sharing site will do) and copy the bbcode and past it into the post.

Real Name
    Mike

Thanks Allen, yes, I have managed to link it to my Flickr url but can't remove the thumbnail. Looking forwards to your contribution.

Real Name
    Jason

Mike, I like this idea a lot. IMO I think it would be even better if the drawer was in a cabinet. Very creative

Real Name
    Mike

OK, I need to bring this back to the top of the pile for your ATTENTION! Hey there, where's your adventurer's spirit? your creative side? your wild imaginations? C'mon guys, I thought I'd get at least one or two contributions!

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

This is one is still a work in progress, but I think I am getting fairly close to being done. All the images I took (total of five in this composit), but some of the textures are not mine (but I have the rights to use them). I believe the genre is called "grunge art". This is my first attempt at this type of work.

The model, well is the model, in various stages of makeup from none through to fully done up (I'd say 70% of the makeup is real the other 30% was done in Photoshop). The main backgound scene is the Etosha Pan in Namibia and the dunes and grass are from Prince Edward Island National Park in Canada.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 17th June 2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Updated image -larger size but lower quality

Real Name
    John

Oh go on then.

Storm Riders

The obelisk is on Ilkley Moor. The horsemen are statues in on of the main squares in Prague. The young boy is my grandson. The blackbird posing as a crow and the lantern are from my garden. The lightning is from an internet PS tutorial and the mist, the night time lighting, and the rain are from PhotoTools Pro. It was also a particularly boring wet Sunday afternoon when I processed it.

Real Name
    John

I like that Manfred. The composition and the colours hang together very well.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by John 2 View Post
    I like that Manfred. The composition and the colours hang together very well.
    Thanks John - that's what I was trying to achieve. It's like to have someone else confirm I'm on the right track here.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    It's [nice] to have someone else confirm I'm on the right track here.
    I'll second that confirmation. I'm astounded that this is your first creation of that type; if you hadn't explained that, I would have assumed that you have been doing this sort of thing for years.

Terrific image, John. The only thing that I find unappealing is that the left side of the frame doesn't have enough of the warm tones in it like the other three sides have. That side of the frame gets lost in the background color of the thread. If the thread had a different background color, I might not feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoads238 View Post
    Mike, I like this idea a lot. IMO I think it would be even better if the drawer was in a cabinet. Very creative
    Agreed wholeheartedly to all of that!

Sorry that I somehow missed your thread when you posted it. Maybe I was on vacation at the time.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I'll second that confirmation. I'm astounded that this is your first creation of that type; if you hadn't explained that, I would have assumed that you have been doing this sort of thing for years.
    Carefully said; first creation of this type doesn't mean I haven't used the tools before in other editing and very limited compositing work. I've been using PS since CS, so I've had lots of time to learn the various tools and techniques. It's just using the same tools and knowledge in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    It's just using the same tools and knowledge in a different way.
    I assumed from your other posts and photos that you had developed the technical skills long ago. It's the artistic endeavor that I was referring to that is new to you. I am so impressed with that aspect of the image. I enjoy the details of the image unto themselves and the overall appearance.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Another piece I started to work on yesterday.

The man was in period costume and was part of the crew of the La Revenante that was at the Tall Ships event in Brockville last weekend, the wreck is the Pesuta, which is in the southern part of Naikoon Provincial Park, near Tlell, on Graham Island, in the Haida Gwaii chain in British Columbia and the lighthouse is the one at Cap-des-Rosiers on the Gaspé Penninsula in Quebec; if I recall correctly, it is the tallest lighthouse in Canada and overlooks the Gulf of St Lawrence.

I live a stone's throw away from Cuyahoga National Park (NE, Ohio)..

Hi Manfred, definitely fun image to look at. Like its composition. The skill to do this type of image is something that's on my agenda to learn.

karm

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Karm Redland View Post
    Hi Manfred, definitely fun image to look at. Like its composition. The skill to do this type of image is something that's on my agenda to learn.

karm
    Thanks Karm - frankly I surprised myself with these. I've been using Photoshop since CS came out almost 10 years ago now, and I guess I've accumulated enough technical knowledge to come up with these results without really trying too hard.

The second one is quite nice, Manfred, but for me your first one is nothing short of mesmerizing. I hope people continue adding new posts to the thread so I'm reminded to revisit your first one regularly and often.

Real Name
    John

Just to keep the thread going. The background, Funghi and bluebells are as taken in a local bluebell wood. The hare was an exhibit at a local pot fair and the fairy - well the fairy was at the bottom of my garden.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Nice one John!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast