Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Town Crier

Real Name
    Peter

Town Crier

Tony Appleton the Romford Town Crier in the Romford Market -- he is always good for a 'snap' when you see him!
    A 'Town Crier' used to shout out the news to the local 'peasants' who could not read ( and there are still lots of Peasants here now ! ) I used my little 'gift camera' a NIKON L35AF with the fill-in flash it it would have been severely under-exposed because of the strong back-lighting . Film was some 2002 outdated Fuji Press 800 I rated at 200 ASA and processed in C41 chemistry and scanned neg with an Epson 1650 and Vuescan.
    Town Crier
    L35AF 06 by pentaxpete, on Flickr

This is the Camera I used for this photo ---
    Town Crier
    Nikon 35AF by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Real Name
    Noel

Re: Town Crier

hi Pete,
    Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye (or Oyez, Oyez, Oyez). He looks quite a character, must be great for the tourists. Your cameras are like golf clubs, a different one for every shot. Love your work. Cheers.
    - Noel

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks Noel : is it true that 'Aussies' have a BEER for every occasion or is it only 'Fosters' ?? !!

Real Name
    Noel

Quote Originally Posted by pentaxpete View Post
    Thanks Noel : is it true that 'Aussies' have a BEER for every occasion or is it only 'Fosters' ?? !!
    hi Peter,
    Not much of a drinker myself, but I think we each tend to stay with our preferred brand (unless someone offers something different). Fosters is mainly for tourists and export - it is not really all that popular with the locals.
    - Noel

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    Fosters is mainly for tourists and export - it is not really all that popular with the locals.
    WHAT!!!???

All the adverts on British TV have assured me that every Australian male drinks gallons of the stuff. You mean it's not true?

Strewth!!!