Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Raining again ...

Real Name
    Jeff

Raining again ...

Just between weather systems, got out with Am, for a few minutes before it started raining again ... Comments welcome

D7100, 16-85, 1/250, F8 Hand held.

Raining again ...

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Raining again ...

I really like the composition and mood of the image. Green foliage looks so rich after a rain and you handled the saturation very well in my mind to bring that out in the photo.

Notice that the lowest level of clouds (perhaps it's fog or mist) is devoid of any texture or tonal variation. If you could add some interest in that area, I think doing so would take the photo to a higher level.

This is one of those cases where the rather muted foreground colour really helps to put the whole scene into context.

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Buckley View Post
    I really like the composition and mood of the image. Green foliage looks so rich after a rain and you handled the saturation very well in my mind to bring that out in the photo.

Notice that the lowest level of clouds (perhaps it's fog or mist) is devoid of any texture or tonal variation. If you could add some interest in that area, I think doing so would take the photo to a higher level.
    Thanks, Mike I'll look into that ...

J