Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Mums Wedding Dress

Real Name
    Joanne Van Praag

Mums Wedding Dress

My lovely Lottie was dancing around in my wedding dress (again) today and said please take one of those old fashioned photos of me looking out of a window dreaming of one day being a bride. Just moved house, I could not find my tripod, or any of the mini reflectors I had (free in a magazine). I have never tried this kind of portraiture before ( I am an action girl) so just winged it and hoped for the best....which it is not. I would love some feedback on how to create that kind of image, please help

Mums Wedding Dress

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Mums Wedding Dress

She looks a bit like a silver spoon kinda gal in the dress. Very nice shot I always like window lighting. A reflector may have helped a little but you have not lost any shadow detail. Even though I don't have a foot fetish I think it would be better with them fully in. Landscape format? Highlight on shoulder may be a bit strong but I am looking at it on the monitor at work so it is probably fine.

Your daughter must be pleased with it - in fact it may help you with any dowry negotiations.

Wow, so creative! The dress seems like "waving" with wind, so as the hair and the trees outside, creating a connection (imo)! I love it! Sharp, simple effects and romantic! Thanks for sharing such beauty.

Real Name
    Richard

Take one-part beautiful gal and one-part good photographer and that is a recipe for a very fine image - despite any claims that the photographer is not used to this type of portraiture. Congratulations on a nice shot.

The only nit-picking comment I might have is that her right shoulder (image left) seems to be somewhat blown out. At least it does on my monitor!

Real Name
    Pania

Hi Joanne
    Apart from the feet and shoulder mentioned above, I agree it is beautiful. I wondered whether altering the pose would have helped?
    Pania