Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Practicing my comp..

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Practicing my comp..

These are just a record shots as to practice my compo.

Practicing my comp..

Practicing my comp..

Practicing my comp..

Practicing my comp..

Practicing my comp..

Practicing my comp..

Thanks for viewing. Your c&c would be helpful and appreciated.
    Last edited by Walj; 27th April 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Real Name
    Cliff McCartney

Re: Practicing my comp..

Hi Walad,

I love #1 and #4. All the leading lines in #1 are fantastic. I also love all the warm light under the umbrella and at the bottom of the building on the left. In #4, vhe vivid blue sky lightens enough toward the bottom of the frame to make a great silhouette of the building. The only thing I'd change in #1 is to lighten up the blown out umbrella support. My eye keeps going to it, and I think it's a little distracting.

#2 is good, but I'd try to make the sky more blue, and I'd also try to recover as much detail under that overhang as I could. It's a bit dark for my taste.

I would crop #3 - a lot - from the top right diagonally down. I think there's too much of the building on the right, and the lettering is a bit distracting. To me, the interesting part of the image is the building on the left.

On #4, I think I'd crop out about half the sky, and also clone out the lights on the bottom part of the building.

#5 doesn't do anything for me. I'm not sure what the subject is, and the big tan wall is distracting to me.

#6 is a great image, but the sidewalk in the center and the building on the right are blown out a bit. I'd try to burn those areas a bit. Also, I'm not sure of the stop sign. I'd like to see the image without it.

Well done!
    Last edited by cliffmccartney; 27th April 2013 at 06:08 PM.

Real Name
    Carol

I like #1. I really like the line of lights in the tall building, but it takes me to the eaves of the other building. I am wondering what you saw as the main focus of the image. My eye is really drawn to the eaves and the umbrella.

I think the tall building is stunning against the blue sky.

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by cliffmccartney View Post
    Hi Walad,

I love #1 and #4. All the leading lines in #1 are fantastic. I also love all the warm light under the umbrella and at the bottom of the building on the left. In #4, vhe vivid blue sky lightens enough toward the bottom of the frame to make a great silhouette of the building. The only thing I'd change in #1 is to lighten up the blown out umbrella support. My eye keeps going to it, and I think it's a little distracting.

#2 is good, but I'd try to make the sky more blue, and I'd also try to recover as much detail under that overhang as I could. It's a bit dark for my taste.

I would crop #3 - a lot - from the top right diagonally down. I think there's too much of the building on the right, and the lettering is a bit distracting. To me, the interesting part of the image is the building on the left.

On #4, I think I'd crop out about half the sky, and also clone out the lights on the bottom part of the building.

#5 doesn't do anything for me. I'm not sure what the subject is, and the big tan wall is distracting to me.

#6 is a great image, but the sidewalk in the center and the building on the right are blown out a bit. I'd try to burn those areas a bit. Also, I'm not sure of the stop sign. I'd like to see the image without it.

Well done!
    Hi Cliff,

Wow! I love this.. Thanks for viewing and your valuable comments / feedback. I really appreciate it very much. Will try to improve my pp in near future. Thanks again..

Real Name
    Walad Jam

Quote Originally Posted by retired2AZ View Post
    I like #1. I really like the line of lights in the tall building, but it takes me to the eaves of the other building. I am wondering what you saw as the main focus of the image. My eye is really drawn to the eaves and the umbrella.

I think the tall building is stunning against the blue sky.
    Hi Carol,

You too.. I appreciate it! Thanks for viewing and your feedback.