Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Indian Bison/Gaur

Real Name
    pinaki

Indian Bison/Gaur

Hello Guys!I am back after a long time.Recently i went to wildlife sanctuary.Fortunately i came across a herd of Gaurs .This is one from my numerous shots.Hope you will like it.C&C will be greatly appreciated.Indian Bison/Gaur.

Re: Indian Bison/Gaur

I would like to have seen its feet, even if that meant going tighter at the top.

Then possibly cropped to 5 x 4 ratio (or something similar) to remove any extra width, if that became a problem.

Otherwise, the basic shot is fine.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Pinaki,

Geoff has covered most things - I looked twice at whether it is 'straight' - and I think it is, because most of the trees are vertical, the road must be sloping.

It isn't super sharp, but then I looked at the EXIF; D5100 at 300mm, f/5.6, 1/90s and iso1600 - it must have been quite dim in the forest and I think you made good compromises on your settings choices there. Not sure you would have gained any sharpness with 1/125s at iso 3200.

For me, the missing feet is the biggest problem with it, as Geoff has mentioned.

Welcome back,

I suppose, an alternative would be to crop quite a bit tighter and do a 'head and shoulders portrait' type of image.

Real Name
    Cliff McCartney

Hi Pinaki,

I totally agree with Dave and Geoff. I think the missing feet are the biggest issue. Otherwise I think the exposure it pretty good.

I might try to recover some of the detail on the face. The eyes are kind of lost.