Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: "Nevermore"

Real Name
    Bud Ralston

"Nevermore"

"Nevermore"
    Obviously I need to improve my Photoshop skills. Wish they had a college class nearby. Oh well, just fooling around.

Real Name
    Emily

Re: "Nevermore"

Looks good to me

Real Name
    Shane

Bud, for PP and general photography courses in Honolulu take a look at Pacific New Media (UH). I have take the Vision and Discovery class by David Ulrich and one other and am also tempted to take some the Photoshop classes. I enjoyed the classes and they really pushed me to the wall in terms the artistic process a couple of times. They also offer free public talks and I am considering attending one this Thursday by photographer Mark Arbeit.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

A pretty good result. The only minor thing that catches my eye is the backlit feather edges just above the leg on the left. Changing the blend mode of the layer the bird is on to darken may cure it but you will need to check that it does not muck you up somewhere else. If it does you can always add a white patch to the underlying layer. (I am assuming the isolated/masked bird is on the top layer and a gradient fill has been applied to the layer under it)

You could try and enhance or add a small catch light to the eye. (Don't call it cheating - it is artistic licence)

Good luck.
    Last edited by pnodrog; 24th April 2013 at 04:26 AM.

Real Name
    Dan

Nice job.