Thread: Tooty Fruity

Real Name
    Claudio

Tooty Fruity

So..i was out for lunch with family..and i had my camera with me..as all pple do whenm they having a sunday lunch with family.. and my wonderful wife dished up a fantastic plate of fruit...inspired by all the fruit and food images i viewed on this sight the last few days i thought i'd put one on to see what you all think....does it look good enough to eat? Is it maybe to much? I've been doing alot of reading lately and all say less is more..but i LIKE the colours!! I left the white edge of plate in bottom right because i felt it needed a bit of white just to tone down all those colours...i have to say..i feel quite thirsty when i see this image should i have focused on a different part though? The grape infront seems...a bit distracting. All C+C welcome...please dont be shy.

Tooty Fruity

PS: When i preview post the image seems a bit smaller..so i'm not sure..maybe open the image to see it correctly...unless it is correct..then my bad.

Real Name
    Claudio

re: Tooty Fruity

my bad..when i post, the image seems fine Have a good one!!!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Claudio,

Do you have the EXIF data?

The DoF looks a little thinner than ideal - could a narrower aperture have been used?

does it look good enough to eat?
    But to answer your question - yes

Real Name
    Claudio

ISO 800...SS 1/30...F1.8 Nikon D5100 with 35mm lens. It was indoors.But some ok light all round..and i shot hand held..i was trying out my 35 mm lens as im new to photography so im giving all my lenses a go..it seemed like the 35mm was good in low light or these conditions. i actually quite like my 35mm lens to others.

Real Name
    Jimmy

Hi claudio, your photograph is definitely looks way eatable haha . As Dave said, the focus seems a bit off. i would of liked to see it been a bit deeper and maybe have the focus set on the foreground grape/kiwi piece

Real Name
    Claudio

Thanks Jimmy..when u say a bit deeper..do you mean focus on kiwi/grape and go through deeper into image(More DoF?)..or just in front and blurring as you go back? SOrry..i still dont have the photogrqaphy lingo

Real Name
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioG View Post
    when u say a bit deeper..do you mean focus on kiwi/grape and go through deeper into image(More DoF?)..or just in front and blurring as you go back? SOrry..i still dont have the photogrqaphy lingo
    Yep, by deeper i meant just a bit more DOF so you would of have focus on a bit more fruits in the bowl, lets say starting at the kiwi/grape and your out of focus would have started around the same area (just past the strawberries)

https://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tu...h-of-field.htm

This part of DOF tutorial is just brilliant. i must have read it 15 times when i discovered this community

Real Name
    John

Re: Tooty Fruity

Looks better from a distance. There are definitely what would seem like specific areas of sharpness, the sliced strawberry and the seeds of the watermelon to the left of the image, and the texture looks fine.

Real Name
    Carol

Re: Tooty Fruity

I think it is important to think about why you chose f1.8. Yes, the strawberry seeds are in sharp focus, but wasn't your point in showing the beautiful plate of fruit, not the seeds? I would suggest that more of the fruit in focus would help the image.