Thread: mac issue

Real Name
    mat

mac issue

Dear everyone, I'm in the market for a tablet pad (if that's what they're called!), the device which works as an extension to the mini trackpads and works with a 'pen'
    A friend of mine who works as a graphic designer sugested a 'Trust slimline widescreen tablet 16529'
    Upon researching them ,they appear to get very good reviews especially as they are not expensive, But they don't seem to run on OSX
    I am running OXS 10.6.8 and wondered if anyone can sugest a good option that works with this system
    Thanks
    mat

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: mac issue

Look at the Wacom line of products. They are the industry leader; the Bamboo line is their economy product. I've been using the Intuos 3 for years (they are now up to Intuos 5).

http://www.wacom.com/

Real Name
    Ian

Agreed.

Trust always seem to make very 'economical' products which are at the budget end of the range, but I find generally have a shortish service life. I personally would steer towards a Wacom.

(I am interested in how this market seems to be developing, especially with the MS Surface Pro having just come to market. Obviously a huge price difference, and not an Apple product, but as I now run Windows on the Mac, I dont fret like I used to about differing Operating Systems. It will be interesting to see where Apple go with their next big innovation?)

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

I have a cheap and cheerful Wacom Bamboo that runs very happily on OSX 10.8.3. You'd have to check it's backward compatibility.
    I decided to by a cheap graphics tablet first to make sure that I could get on with it. Now that I'm used to it, I'm not sure that I have a need of a more expensive version.

Real Name
    mat

Thanks all, looks like a wacom will be entering the house very soon !

Real Name
    Dave

+1 To Mike's post. I did exactly the same, bought a Bamboo, though for Windows, to see how I liked it and I, too, have found it fits my needs. Mind you, my needs may not be very exacting

Real Name
    Mike

For a budget tablet, the bamboo seems to be the ticket (bought my daughter one recently).