Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Heritage

Real Name
    Tom

Heritage

I was hoping to get feedback on these different takes on this shot. I would love to hear all feedback, what you feel, think or suggest. Which one you like better if any? This is a highly emotional moment for me while taking this image. Other thoughts on name might be "Rites of Passage" instead of "Heritage"? As always thank you

Heritage

Heritage

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Re: Heritage

It's a really great concept, Tom. I hope you'll continue working it until it achieves all of your goals. If I understand properly what you are trying to convey, I'd like to see a far greater presence of the hand.

What are you hoping the green toning conveys, as opposed to other toning that you could have otherwise selected?

Real Name
    Tom

Thanks Mike for the feedback. I would have loved to get more of the hand, however, this was a candid shot and not a staged one. So more or less it was what it was...I tried several other angles but none seemed to work perfectly. This was a shot of my pops while I was over trying to care for him.

I selected the green solely based on the way it looked. It just seemed like it fit for some reason when I saw it.

Here is what it was before the vertical crop. There is some more room on top of the hand, it kind of like it with a little more light above it.

Heritage

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I like everything about the third version best of all. The weirdness of the shot begs for being able to see the ceiling. Very well done!

Real Name
    Tom

Thanks Mike. I was not sure if I should have taken the shot, but it felt like one of those moments where words could not properly convey what an image might.