Thread: Lightroom Re-Import?

Real Name
    Russell

Lightroom Re-Import?

Hi, I cannot get Lightroom 4 to Re-Import from an external editor and place the Re-Import next to the original file it always Re-Imports as a stack with the original file
    Any help please?.
    Russ

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Re: Lightroom Re-Import?

Russ, you do not describe your actual workflow, but assuming that you start by exporting an image from LR to an external editing program such as PS, if you simply 'save' the image in PS6 it should reappear in your LR catalogue alongside the original. I always check the 'export a copy with LR adjustments' in the export dialogue box when sending off an image for editing in PS.
    Also check by right clicking on the stack images the stacking status. You can of course change the settings to unstack all images, which may well answer your problem.

Real Name
    Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Clactonian View Post
    Russ, you do not describe your actual workflow, but assuming that you start by exporting an image from LR to an external editing program such as PS, if you simply 'save' the image in PS6 it should reappear in your LR catalogue alongside the original. I always check the 'export a copy with LR adjustments' in the export dialogue box when sending off an image for editing in PS.
    Also check by right clicking on the stack images the stacking status. You can of course change the settings to unstack all images, which may well answer your problem.
    Hi, I use PS CS 5 although not so much nowadays. Photomatix and NIK software suite, will try your suggestion see how I get on.
    Thank you for the reply
    Russ

Real Name
    Jeff

Russell, I think you want to check your Preferences: Edit Menu > Preferences > External Editing > Stack With Original

Make sure the Stack With Original is "unchecked"