Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Government House at Botanical Gardens

Real Name
    Donald Chesnut

Government House at Botanical Gardens

This is the Government House at the Botanical Gardens in Sydney, Australia. This photo was edited with Nik and Topaz plug-ins.
    Government House at Botanical Gardens

Real Name
    Kevin

Re: Government House at Botanical Gardens

Nice, Don. You pulled some strong color and contrast out of what must have been really flat lighting conditions. Nice leading lines and balance in the composition. I might have preferred framing/cropping to include the tops of the flag poles. I'd consider removal of the pedestrian and the ****e domed object at the end of the sidewalk.

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

I won't comment about the post-processing because it's not my style. Consider removing the leaves at the top of the frame that aren't connected to anything.

Also consider cropping the bottom considerably closer to the bottom of the building. For me, the nice framing provided by the trees on each side eliminate the need of any leading lines provided by the street and sidewalk.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Don,

I can see what Mike suggests with loosing some off the bottom, although I'd suggest only going as far as puts the right kerb into the lower right corner.

I like having the person there with umbrella.

I agree with having the flagpole tops in, ideally, but if mine; I would clone out the odd bits of 'disconnected' foliage along top edge of frame.

I can live with the PP on this

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Don,

I can see what Mike suggests with loosing some off the bottom, although I'd suggest only going as far as puts the right kerb into the lower right corner.

I like having the person there with umbrella.

I agree with having the flagpole tops in, ideally, but if mine; I would clone out the odd bits of 'disconnected' foliage along top edge of frame.

I can live with the PP on this

northern Virginia suburb of Washington, DC

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. Cropping it that way displays grass on the right side, which I think is necessary to balance the grass very nicely on the left side.