Thread: My 1st wildlife outing 2

Real Name
    Claudio

My 1st wildlife outing 2

Hey all...ok so here's some of he buck that i managed to catch. SOOOOO sorry there are no cats...trust me..im just as dissapointed as you are..travel there for 2 hrs..spend a day driving around reserve,,and 2 hrs back that night...and not one lion, leopard or cheetah...upset me to..but..thats just the way it goes. So please.. as always some C+C...all habitat is natural..its a bit overgrown. My settings were same throughout..Auto ISO, Aperture Priority...nikon D5100 with a 55-200mm kit lens. Hand held. IF i had some action..like lion hunting (YEH RIGHT!!!...ONE DAY ) i wouldve gone to Shutter priority. SO pleeeasse..if someone can suggest better settings..please advise!! Thank you
    This is a female Duiker...Beautiful buck...Reaqlly gorgeous colour...and striking dark eyes...she makes a great model.. i couldnt have asked for a better pose
    My 1st wildlife outing 2
    My 1st wildlife outing 2

Erm...not buck, Giraffe...to me..they jsut funny looking
    My 1st wildlife outing 2

This is a male kudu...for some reason..the whole day..there heads were down..look much better when they up..but... i REALLY like the purple,pinks and orange of the trees, even he seems to have that purple kinda colour. It really is very difficult to spot wildlife when they are in there natural habitat... i can only imagine how many rocks couldve been a lion!!!
    My 1st wildlife outing 2

One of my Favourites!!! kudu again!! But something about it makes me happy i took this image i know, im weird
    My 1st wildlife outing 2

This is a male Impala... we Call them the Mc Donalds For lions.. Get it?? See the big M ? On its rear Unfortunately..not quite focused... But just put it here so next time you're in South Africa, You"ll be ready when a game ranger Cracks the joke
    My 1st wildlife outing 2

I have other images of rhino and elephant, unfortunately a little away in the distance..but i just wanna touch up one or two things..so i look forward to getting some advice on these images and hopefully i can apply them to the others..
    Again..please dont be shy..ALLL C+C welcome..go mad..have fun.

Real Name
    Victor Nimitz

Re: My 1st wildlife outing 2

Hi Claudio,

Now that you mention it, there is an "M". !

Nice pix....

Real Name
    Christina

Thanks for sharing... I think the first two photos are stunningly beautiful!

These shots work fine. Some have a fairly open aperture when you could probably have got away with F8 approx to give more focus depth. But you don't have any serious problems with what you did use.