Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Experiment with the nerotrigger

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Experiment with the nerotrigger

Hi all, finally got my nero trigger. Firstly they sent me the wrong cable for my camera, so i went and was extremly difficult to find a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter to use it to put into my camera or my wireless flash trigger. But after lloking around shops i found one.

For those you do not know what a nerotrigger is, well, its a device that can trigger either your camera or flash via its diffrent methods, which you can choose to trigger your camera/flash by a light sorce(lightning, fireworks, ect), a laser where when an object breaks the laser line it takes the photo, sound where it triggers by a sound, timelaps mode and HDR mode, also has a DIY port for those smart enought to make their own triggers.

So i experimented with the only mode i could for tonight, which was sound. After mucking around with the sensitivity adjustments so the sound of the camera wont trigger it, i used ballons, only had three so im definatly going to get more.

This is my best result out of the three. It was done at f/4 2 secs shutter speed, iso 100. I had the nerotrigger connected to the flash transmitter(Im getting a pc sync adapter to be more direct), once i turned all lights off, i pressed the shutter and while it was doing its 2 secs exposure i popped the balloon, the flash went off.
    Experiment with the nerotrigger
    IMG_6019 by AllenLennon, on Flickr

Next time im going to put water in the balloon, and hopefully get a cool result. Im also planning on experimenting with all the modes except the DIY mode because im not smart enough. And thinking i'll right a review.

Real Name
    Bobo

Re: Experiment with the nerotrigger

Wow that is so cool. Water in the balloon will certainly make for some impressive shots.

I have been looking at some trigger systems on and off without much study but the question of how is focus achieved always crops up particularly with live subjects that could be anywhere within the beam trajectory.

Real Name
    Allen or "Lurchy" is fine

Bobo, with the nerotrigger you will need to set the focus manually. But a few people use it for wild life.

Real Name
    Jon

Yes, that is cool. I am very interested in what you do with this next. Can't wait for the water baloons