Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Copyright Stamping

Copyright Stamping

Hello everyone -

I've been away (from the site) for a few months. Busy with work and school. Glad to be back.

Have a question about copyright on photos. I've noticed a few posts that contain a copyright stamp on the photo itself. Have seen this before and always wondered what software program would do that for you. Can anyone suggest a program or point me in the right direction? Thought I would start claiming ownership of my photos.

Thanks, Laura

Re: Copyright Stamping

Hi Laura,

We had a discussion about this not that long ago, have a read through the thread: Copyright and watermark questions

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

My personal opinion is that it's generally the fastest way to ruin a good photo that I know of - or put another way - "It often ruins an image for 100% of people whilst providing only a false sense of security against the dishonest 0.002% of the people (who wouldn't have paid to use it anyway).

Just my 10c worth
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 23rd November 2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: correct typo

Kent / Colin,

Thanks for the input. I've visited the previous discussion and found some good information there.

Appreciate the help, Laura